1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Have Been Accepted To Crown College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Kidz-4-HIM, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

I received my acceptance letter to Crown College of the Bible, Powell, Tenn. a few days ago.
    Praise the Lord!!! Will be going there 8/05

Cline [​IMG]

2. Todd

Todd New Member

Kidz, I grew up in Powell, TN from middle school all the way through college. It is a wonderful town and Crown College has certainly experienced tremendous growth. They just purchased the old Levi-Strauss building and are planning to completely remodel it and relocate the school. I say praise the Lord. I remember when Crown College used to meet in the SS classrooms of Temple Baptist Church. They do church the way it ought to be done in many respects. I think Temple may tend a little to the side of legalism in some areas (as do many independents), but they are certainly committed to the Word of God.

By the way, I grew up in Wallace Memorial Baptist Church on Merchants Drive (only about five minutes from Crown). You ought to check the church out before you decide to join one in the area. I can tell you just about anything that you would like to know about Powell or Knoxville - it'll always be my old stompin' ground.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You go Cline and make us proud! Let us know what courses you'll be taking. Many of us have nothing to do with Crown and so we evaluate it through people we know . . like YOU!

4. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

Dr. Bob, I plan to be studying Youth Ministies.

I'm so excited about what the Lord has for me there.

Todd, I will be joining Temple Baptist Church, none other. Thanks for the offer, I really like the Powell area. What do you like/dislike about the area?

Cline

5. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Good for you, Cline!!
    May God bless you in your studies!

6. Todd

Todd New Member

Cline, Powell is a wonderful suburban area. My alma mater, Powell High School, is only about two minutes away from where you're going to be. As far as what I like about the area, it is only minutes north of Knoxville. Within minutes you can get to just about anything you want to do (go to the mall, go bowling, go watch the Vols in Neyland Stadium). Because it is a suburban area though, it doesn't have all the hustle and bustle of K-town. There is also a very strong Christian presence in the town (First Baptist Powell, Temple, others), so many of the people are genuinely decent folks. There are no bars, clubs, pool halls, etc. Powell is also a very beautiful place with neighborhood walking tracks and other opportunities for recreation. I could go on and on, but you get the point. You'll love the town.

As for things I may dislike, I really can't think of anything. The drive to West Knoxville from Powell is not very convenient, especially during rush hour. Kingston Pike is infamous for being the worst traffic spot in West Knoxville, and that is unfortunate because there are some pretty interesting things on that side of town. Yet, even that is not a major hastle.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know. FYI, my parents still live on Powell's doorstep - I don't think they'll ever want to leave the area.

7. joyfulkeeperathome

joyfulkeeperathome New Member

My grandma and many of my relatives on my dad's side live in the Knoxville area. My brother actually attended Crown College for a semester and played soccer for them. He traveled a lot with the team.

The first time I ever held hands with a boy was at Temple Baptist Church at a youth ralley....don't know why I brought that up, I just can't think about Crown without thinking about that...hmmm

8. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

Thank You everyone.
    I sure am excited about it.

9. Sakrysta

Sakrysta New Member

That's neat! I have several friends up at Temple, and Pastor Bray is my former pastor. I was in youth group with his sons.

10. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise God. May He be with you. Study hard but also take time for involvement in ministry. Make a Christian friend or two. I'm happy that you've taken a step towards ministry.