1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I must take my leave of the Baptist Board.....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Mar 6, 2024.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all, let me say that it makes me sad to do so. Things are tough here right now and I never intended to just walk out. I'm sorry.

Second, let me confess that I am a sinner just like the rest of you, so what I have to say is not a condemnation of anyone. I have no right.

When I wake up every morning, even before I pray, I take my phone and check the Baptist Board for bots, inappropriate content. and/or incessant fights.

This morning, about two hours ago, I found a meme that has been here since February 19. And it has not been reported. I know not everyone saw it. It's about shoes. Trump golden shoes, DeSantis "lift" shoes, Biden anti-slip shoes, and Kamala Harris shoes - well not Harris shoes, but Harris knee pads.

When I saw it, I immediately knew what it was talking about. BUT I fact-checked it just in case I was wrong - because I readily admit that I can be wrong. But, grievously, I was right. Several sites claimed that the reference was to the Vice President, Kamala Harris, having gotten on her knees and performed many oral sexual acts to get where she is today.

I can't take this anymore. The references to Nikki Haley as a whore. The reference to the VP as the "c" word. And more. This isn't the behavior that Christian men should display. Over the 22 years that I've been here, I've had to tolerate the "female jokes", many hard-core discussions about what women are doing wrong in and out of the church, and the occasional mean-spirited comment.

I can take that. In stride and move on. I ain't made out of cookie flour, you know!!

What I cannot take is vulgarity about who women ARE.

WHY do some men grossly reference women as sexually immoral if they are in politics? I'll never understand.

Let me leave you with this.

I'm the head of the missions committee at my Southern Baptist Church. In some of our materials, the SBC International Missions organization has estimated - based on a lot of statistics - that there are about 158,000 people who die and go to HELL every single day.

Not each year nor each week. EVERY 24 hours. I pray for these people as often as I can. I don't really know HOW to pray for them so I just tell God that I am lifting up the 158,000 to Him and asking him to save them. To draw them to Him. To soften their hearts. To send SOMEONE to them to tell them about Jesus.

Time is short. I believe that with all my heart.

I can't hang around here and get angry over the misogyny and incessant fighting anymore.

To @JonC - my sincerest apologies for just walking out. I know that neither you nor I can remove moderator status from my name. Our hands are tied about a LOT of things. I feel terrible about leaving you high and dry.

Let's be about our Father's business, brothers. I will not be back. But I will see you one day. Maybe soon.

• Prayers Prayers x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Scarlett O.

May God bless you in all your choices.
    You will be missed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand completely.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand. While I didn't see the post you mentioned I also get the sense that much is wrong as professing Chriatians demean other human beings and groups. It is the love of Christ which is absent.

For my part, I think I've removed or edited in hopes some things would change when perhaps a stronger action would have been more appropriate. I am getting to the point where I would prefer a smaller board composed of members who's faith is evident by their online conduct instrad of a larger board of professing Christians posting as if they never encountered the love of our Savior.

Altbough this board is not something that should be allowed to cause grief, I do hope to see you back soon. If not or in the mean time, God bless and thank you for all you have done here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scarlett, you are a blessing, so I'm sorry to see you go. However, I certainly understand your reasons. May God richly bless you and yours.

6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a reason Jesus said

“Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’

It means, "ALL".

I do wonder how perfect, "born again/from above," might be?

7. Natha

Natha Natha - India
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    very sorry to hear this.. please do not upset,, please do not stop to serve to people through this site,, You are an valuable person ,, we are living by grace. not by worthiness ,, please stay here,, we love you
    when we are weak then we are strong in Christ,, grace is covering us

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry also to see you go and this board has gone through many changes... I know you will bring Christianity and charity where ever you go... I see you are on a mission and may the Lord increase your kindness with others where ever you go and whoever you meet... Its been a pleasure to know you Scarlett O and you will surely be missed here... The only thing I can say is... Go With God!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 3