1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I need your help

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by vermae, May 20, 2006.

1. vermae

vermae New Member

Somewhere in the new testament Jesus says" the world would not come to and end until the Jews excepted Him as the Son of God' Please tell me where this can be found.I don't think I made it up.This may not be the exact words but close to it.Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is the only thing I could think of:

Mat 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Jesus never taught the "end of the world".

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 24:14...Jesus speaking...

"And this good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the world, as testimony to all the nations; and then the end will come."

Vermae, why don't you try reading all of chapter 24 and compare it to what your original statement was. That's as much as I can help you with it.

4. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

Romans 11:25-27 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Romans, chapter 9

6": Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

"7": Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

"8": That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

(All the Jews are not going to be saved)

Romans, chapter 9
    26": And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

"27": Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

"28": For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

"29": And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

"30": What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

"31": But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

"32": Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

"33": As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ash

6. vermae

vermae New Member

The Jews are God's chosen people.He chose them because He loved them.So somewhere in the bible is a quote that says they will except Him as the true Messiah.Thanks for your help still digging.

7. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Individuals, Jew or Gentile, can accept Him now. There are many who have already done so. There will be a Jewish remnant and certain Gentiles who, during the Great Tribulation, will respond to the ministry of 144,000 witnesses, receiving Him as Messiah. If you'd like to develop this further, contact me privately. I'll be out-of-pocket the rest of today, so I will have to answer tomorrow.

[​IMG]

8. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The concept is in Ezek. 37.12ff. Whole chapter to get the setting.