1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I recently upgraded and I'm having problems.

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by MB, Apr 15, 2010.

1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. and wound up with display problems. The monitor I was using would not display anything but stretched out shapes still readable but anything round was now egg shaped even the Icon's on the desk top and slightly blurred. When I updated the Gpu from microsoft all I had left were unreadable checks in varying colors on the screen. I restarted in safe mode and reset the resolution and I was back to the same problem I started with, everything being stretch and somewhat blurred. I took the CPU to microcenter and it worked fine with there monitors. So I bought a new monitor because I figured I needed one. When I got home I installed the new monitor and the same problem was back. I reset the resolution to the new monitors recomended setting and the screen went black and a box appeared and told me the resolution was out of range. Out of range of what? the monitor or the GPU. Do I need to upgrade my graphics card as well?

This has really puzzled me because I went to microsoft before I installed windows 7 and checked to see if my computer was compatible. Microsoft verified that it is fully compatible.

Any Ideas will be appreciated
    MB

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the display is egg shaped you need to change the resolution small increments till you get the right look. The ratio of the two numbers is what sets the shape. Start at the highest resolution and work down till you get what you want.

Read your manual if you have not, there may be an automatic adjustment that would help.