1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I was once a pair of “boots on the ground

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was once a pair of “boots on the ground,” so I know a little about what the phrase means. And I can tell you that, listening to the back-and-forth between the White House and the Pentagon over who exactly we’re sending to Iraq (and now possibly Syria), neither side is giving the American people the whole story. First of all, you know those boots on the ground everybody’s still discussing whether we should deploy? Well, they’re already there. We are already effectively engaged in combat in Iraq, in direct contradiction of what President Obama said when he announced he was taking action against the Islamic State terrorists, telling the American people in an address from the White House that the mission “will not involve American combat troops fighting on foreign soil.” He said pretty much the same when he told troops at MacDill Air Force Base: “The American forces do not and will not have a combat mission.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/09/boots-on-the-ground-iraq-111271.html#ixzz3ENryodsn

2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently the C in C has a different definition of "combat" than the DOD.

We collected combat pay for just flying over Viet Nam in a military transport.

Boots or shower shoes, somebody has to secure the areas softened by bombing. The middle east locals do not seem to have the vertebrae for such activity.

Consider places like Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, and Normandy etal. Air and naval forces help a lot, but they cannot finish the job.

We did not finish the job in Iraq twice; now we are into the third adventure.

Somebody is playing games with oil futures again.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing new here Rev. After all there was no war in Korea, just a police action. Of course, as an old Sergeant said one night back in 1961 when I was "boots on the ground", an awful lot of policemen were killed.

Nothing new in difference in arguments, heated discussions, etc. between a sitting president and the Pentagon.

Get some new news Rev. This is old stuff, just political hack stuff.