1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I would like some feedback!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JesusandGeorge04, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are many areas to discuss. Anything spoken positively about sodomites or their perversion and sin against God and society will not be tolerated and this thread closed.

Move on please.

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Almost 3000 people died on 9/11! You want us to ignore that and sing "Kum By Ya?"

Jesus speaks about Hell far more than Heaven - you want to talk about Hell?

3. JesusandGeorge04

JesusandGeorge04 New Member

Why not love? Be an active Christ-like model for moral and ethical behavior, and others will see for themselves what is right. It is not man's place to exclude.

4. JesusandGeorge04

No more wedge issues, please; let's talk about war and poverty.

As I am from an independant Baptist church, I find this sort of narrow discussion rather disheartening.

5. JesusandGeorge04

Christ says... yes. I know we all burn for vengance, but God is the only one who is authorized to do so on his terms.

Why? There are problems here to deal with first; how can we get the Word across to those we are killing and starving?

6. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Why not love? Be an active Christ-like model for moral and ethical behavior, and others will see for themselves what is right. It is not man's place to exclude. </font>[/QUOTE]Then why does the Bible say do it?

Jesus said it in Matt 18.

The Apostle Paul said it in 1 Cor 5.

7. JesusandGeorge04

I already addressed Paul.

As for Matthew...

18:11
    For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

18:12
    How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

18:13
    And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

18:14
    Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

This doesn't support your position of exclusion; even verses later on give the impression that no one should be cast out, but that they should be courted by believers on every level!

8. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

So then you disagree with Jesus and with the Apostle Paul if you say no one should be excluded because both of them say this explicitly.

And that means Excluded from the Christian Fellowship (the church) - Not from the Christian Witness.

9. JesusandGeorge04

You're streaching this interpretation past its breaking point, so I must disagree with YOUR understanding of this chapter; ideally, the church should be in the world, connected to those in need of God's love... pushing people away accomplishes nothing; every stray counts.

10. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

You're streaching this interpretation past its breaking point, so I must disagree with YOUR understanding of this chapter; ideally, the church should be in the world, connected to those in need of God's love... pushing people away accomplishes nothing; every stray counts. </font>[/QUOTE]This has nothing to do with the church being in the world but it has everything to do with the World being in the Church.

Sin and unrepentance can not be mingled together in the church with the things of God and the whole church not be negatively affected.

A little leaven, leavens the whole lump.

1Co 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

11. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

You're streaching this interpretation past its breaking point, so I must disagree with YOUR understanding of this chapter; ideally, the church should be in the world, connected to those in need of God's love... pushing people away accomplishes nothing; every stray counts. </font>[/QUOTE]Do you believe in any form of Church Discipline in a local Church?

12. JesusandGeorge04

Why so paranoid? Methinks your faith's in need of some overhaul...

Are you that pessimistic about God's word? Why do you believe that the Word is so weak as not to stand up to whatever may buffet it?

Again, don't read into Paul too much.

13. JesusandGeorge04

Not in the exclusionary way you describe; instead, I advocate being good moral and ethical models for others, reflecting Christ's unconditional love and unselfish service to others.

14. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Not in the exclusionary way you describe; instead, I advocate being good moral and ethical models for others, reflecting Christ's unconditional love and unselfish service to others. </font>[/QUOTE]And you're a member of what kind of church?

Does your church practice church discipline?

15. JesusandGeorge04

I am (was, as I moved) a member of an independant Northern Baptist fellowship in Rochester, NY... you know, one of the ones who didn't use God's Word to promote Slavery.