1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I would like to answer a closed thread.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by percho, Aug 19, 2018.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.Gen 2:7, 15-17 God made him and gave him a spiritual law.

For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold [fn ]into bondage to sin. [fn] under sin Rom 7:14 NASB Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 1 John 3:4 KJV

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:6,7

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed (Bought back) with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Answer your own questions.

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why did Adam sin?

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: Rom 8:3

Was it because because of being of the flesh he could not over come the spiritual law?