1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iconic news anchor Ted Koppel says President Trump is 'not mistaken' that the 'liberal media' is 'ou

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iconic news anchor and former "Nightline" host Ted Koppel recently fired a shot across the bow at the mainstream media — particularly the New York Times and the Washington Post — saying that President Donald Trump's perception that the "liberal media" is "out to get him" is not without merit.

'I'm terribly concerned'
    "I'm terribly concerned that when you talk about the New York Timesthese days, when you talk about the Washington Post these days, we're not talking about the New York Times of 50 years ago," Koppel noted to journalist and author Marvin Kalb earlier this month. "We are not talking about the Washington Post of 50 years ago. We're talking about organizations that I believe have, in fact, decided as organizations that Donald J. Trump is bad for the United States."

Koppel added that "we have things appearing on the front page of theNew York Times right now that never would have appeared 50 years ago. Analysis, commentary on the front page."

Iconic news anchor Ted Koppel says President Trump is 'not mistaken' that the 'liberal media' is 'out to get him'

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The New York Times was always slanted. They denied the famine in the Ukraine in Stalin's day and they insisted that for years that the Castros were not communists.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, he is downplaying their past sins. The progressive left has become much more openly anti-American lately, but they were always far more leftist than they let on.

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you! I finally remembered the name of the New York Times' reporter Herbert Matthews, who insisted that the Castros were not communists. Ernest Hemmingway said that Matthews was the leading reporter on Cuba. Hemmingway was a drunk and an intellectual without a moral compass.

• Informative Informative x 1