1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Identification Marks

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Apr 18, 2020.

?
  1. I pay cash - No swiping

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cards such as passports-credit cards

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. A tatoo or chip on my body - As long as it is not 666

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The 666 mark - Not worried

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Before the rapture of the church the Anti-Christ must be revealed...

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

Who....

16 causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. - Revelation 13:16-18

I traveled to Tahiti and couldn't help but notice all the electronic devices hooked to databases. All you have to do is swipe your passports and all your information comes up. You can even have your iPhone display your ticket information. We are not far away from having everything stored on a universal database in which we will all be required to be tied to! And for most folk this will be just another tattoo!

Right now we can swipe credit cards and passports. How far will you be willing to go as far as swiping is concerned?

2. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wait until you have been arrested and forcefully chipped or tatt'd before you answer that. How will you remove the chip or tat?

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right now, most people in "civilized" nations are averse to having a microchip implanted in their flesh, although it's being done to certain people whose mental condition may make them prone to wander off, endangering themselves as they won't be able to find their way back.

The mark won't be a tat, which can easily be duped or altered. It'll almost-certainly be some sorta implanted microchip.

Now, what hasn't yet been pinpointed is just what the name of the beast is, which is one of the "or"s of Rev. 13:17, or how one can have the number of his name without the "mark".

4. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Back when I was associate pastor I was pushing the idea that it's going to be done in baby steps. Lucifer is a demon, yes. Evil, yes. Stupid, not by a long shot. And he is also very very powerful. So tell me Roby, why don't you get a chip? Seriously. Why not? It's done to protect you, right? It makes you financial dealings far more secure, right? Is it the mark of the beast? Come on! They have been saying that about the Social Security Number for decades now! (cough cough)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My SSN isn't marked on my hand or forehead. And I'm not REQUIRED to have it, & I can buy or sell without it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe people, including many Christians, underestimate Satan. He is a cherub, a higher order of being than an angel. I believe he's the most-powerful of created beings; the ONLY One who's more-powerful is the Holy Trinity.

While God does not permit him to directly afflict people, he IS allowed to present temptations & inspire false doctrines in lost individuals, same as he's allowed to tempt Christians. We should not forget that he's busym 24/7, seeking to tempt us to sin, trying to keep the lost in that state, & working against God all that he can, and, like God, he can be in many places at once.

The whole human race couldn't begin to defeat Satan. BUT WE HAVE HOPE ! By putting on the armor of God (faith in Jesus) & using His sword(God's written word) we CAN resist the devil ! And remember, God said, "Resist the devil, & he shall flee from you." But remember, HE WILL BE BACK ! So, let's leave God's armor on, & keep His sword ready !

• Like Like x 1
  7. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The mark in Revelation has nothing to do with technology. All humans already have the mark, because it is the curse and mark given to all of Adam's descendants.

When the image is brought to life by Satan, any one left on earth at that time will have only two choices. Accept the curse placed on Adam in solidarity with Satan, or have your head chopped off. The sooner the head is chopped off, the less pain and sorrow there will be. Those who proudly reveal the mark will go straight to the lake of fire. All this talk about an antichrist showing up is nonsense. Read Revelation 6. No mention of an antichrist. We are not told what happens during the thunderings, but Satan and the false prophet are introduced at the Second Coming. Then the 3.5 year reign of Satan begins. I would be more concerned about God and His judgments happening, than Satan right now.

8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MMRRPP ! WRONG !

Rev. 13 sez the false prophet will cause people to receive the mark in thei r hands of foreheads. There's NO Scripture saying anyone is born with that mark.

BUZZZZ ! WRONG AGAIN !

It should be known to you from the earlier writings of Daniel & Paul that "the prince of the people that shall destroy Jerusalem, the man of sin, , that Wicked, & son of perdition, & the beast from the sea" (besides Judas) are all the same man & will be the worst human antichrist ever.

The rapture will occur before his evil really comes out, before the great trib begins. Thus, there'll be no Christians left to oppose the mark, but there'll be new Christians after the rapture. These new Christians will hafta go thru the trib, and many will perish, either from the catastrophes or from the 'beast's' forces. A careful study of the Scriptures concerning the eschatological events should show you this. (And, if you study them, don't forget to include Ezekiel & Daniel !)

9. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Trumpets are for the Jews. It will be the Law. God Himself presiding on the throne. No more salvation by Faith. It will be obedience in the sight of God. Read The end of Revelation 6 and then the Trumpet judgments.

As for this virtual trib scenario the evangelicals have peddled since the 60's is all wrong. Only after the Second Coming will Satan and a false prophet be revealed. They will have an image built which will be brought to life making a false trinity. People need to re-read Revelation because the Seals in Chapter 6 are being opened right now. The church will soon leave. Soon the current way of life will be destroyed by war, famine, and wild beast.

In the news recently, the reporters have been pointing out how with the freeze on human activity, wild animals are starting to roam free, and in the next few months that will probably expand as the new spring families are looking for new grounds free of human activity. The longer the government keeps all their park land closed, the more these animals are going to think they have more territory. Humans will have to figure out how to regain this land.

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your scenario doesn't agree with Scripture. And no animal is bulletproof.

11. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean Revelation 6 does not agree with the book of Revelation? Or you do not accept chapter 6, so it should be ignored?

Well having a gun and bullets would come in handy in protecting oneself from wild animals. Probably help when your neighborhood starts breaking into your house as well. If your city gets bombed, you may need a bigger weapon.

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is all part of the coming great trib, which will be worldwide, according to Rev. 3:10.

13. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would hazard a guess, and say most of the people living 200 years ago are dead.

Divide 2000 by 7 and you get 286 rough years. Unless you think all churches represent the seven churches in every generation. Then I guess you would have to figure out which people are the Philadelphia type people and see if they all recently died.

The trib happens in 3 separate judgments, and then that group graduates to heaven. Those alive now and make it through the 4th judgment of Satan himself will still be killed and die in their sins. Cause the saved of the 4th judgment are the ones who get their heads cut off. That is the only perseverance left to do. Revelation 20:4
    "Then I saw thrones, and those seated on them received authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for testifying about Yeshua and proclaiming the Word of God, also those who had not worshipped the beast or its image and had not received the mark on their foreheads and on their hands. They came to life and ruled with the Messiah for a thousand years."

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of the 7 churches in Rev exist today, but TYPES of all of them do.

And when the eschatological events start occurring, they'll come in rapid succession, not in stages.

15. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, everything happens in the next 3 years.

16. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe - maybe NOT. God did NOT make any soecific time/date known to us.

17. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why do you keep changing scripture? You keep replacing “on” with “in”. I guess you have to change words in order for your view to survive.

18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 13:16

KJV says "in".

Most other translations say "on".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check the Greek. The word used means "on" or "in". And even if the chip is implanted, it could still be visible(to be easy to scan) or leave a visible scar.

Technically, a tattoo is IN the skin. But the mark won't be a tat, which is easily altered, covered, or removed.

I don't see why you dispute something that's so obvious !

20. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think Cain could remove the mark God put on him?