1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If Fox News Had Been Around Throughout History

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by mioque, Oct 28, 2005.

1. mioque

mioque New Member

I like the one where they leak that the Greeks are hiding inside the Trojan Horse.

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Yeah, right. BTW, did you ever notice whether or not they had a retraction for reporting that Dr. Hammesfahr was a Nobel Prize nominee? You never answered that. As a matter of fact, do you ever see FoxNews ever retract anything? I certainly never saw them retract what was said about Dr. Hammesfahr.

"Slightly?" You gotta be kidding. [sic]

I hear that from most FoxNews viewers. As a matter of fact, the people from whom I usually say this are those who swear that they don't watch FoxNews, yet seemingly offer opinions that are virtually in lockstep with the opinions of the hosts. In fact, I used to be one of those people, and then one day I woke up....

As you have offered this twice now, I can only assume that you feel that success mandates credibility. Of course you never addressed that for me, did you?

Regards from a LIBERAL,
    BiR

3. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Do they lean slightly Right?

How do you define slightly???

As far as credibility is concerned, not only have they refused to retract untrue statements, they are also NOTORIOUS for claiming, "Many people say...", or "Some people say...", without ever backing up those claims with a source. Though I must say this did improve after Outfoxed was released. Hmmm... I wonder why?

4. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

No, but living in Georgia surely doesn't help. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]A slam from Texas? Wow.

5. Kiffen

Kiffen Member

To be honest with you I don't know Dr. Hammesfahr from Dr. Frankensten and never heard the story since I care about the Nobel Prize nominee selection as much as I care about frog racing. If they made a mistake they should retract it. I don't dispute that.

Let's face it, CNN made up stories about American troops in in Vietnam a few years ago and CBS tried to do a hatchet job on Bush in 2004 that got egg all over their face. MSNBC had to get rid of Peter Arnet for an interview he did so they all have their bias.

Your welcome to your opinion. Just because the others lean left does not mean they are not credible to me. I don't dispute that John Gibson, FOX and Friends crew, Hannity are conservatives no more than I dispiute the fact that Katy Couric, Matt Lauer, are liberals. I laugh when Liberals call Bill O'Reilly a Conservative. That is guy is all over the ideology scale.

And your assumption is wrong. Success does not mandate credibility. I did address it. There is no such thing as a unbias network. FOX is a credible as any of the others. Do they favor the GOP. Of Course. Does CNN favor the Democrats. Of Course. That does not mean either one is not credible in that I do not believe it is possible to be completely unbias by a network unless you are like C-Span. I think the diversity in News we have now is great compared to 20 years ago when Liberial Media had a lock on it.

6. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

7. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Yeah, I never saw a retraction either......
    :rolleyes:

Thanks for adding that. Notice that CBS and MSNBC both took corrective action, as you have noted in your response. Now, have you ever seen FoxNews ever make a retraction? Dr. Hammesfahr is a prime example. Sean Hannity made numerous references to this fallacy, yet I never heard him make a correction.

You forgot to mention such credible guests/consultants as Mark Fuhrman and Oliver North.

Um, no: actually he is not "all over the ideology scale." Have you read his pathetic books? I have.....

Um, no: actually you didn't. Twice I have asked you if you believe that success mandates credibility, as you have interjected this point. Twice you have discussed bias or unbias. I am not referring to bias, I am referring to your statement back on Oct.29th @ 1:54 PM:
    I asked you if success mandates credibility. I did not say anything about bias. Go back and read my reply to you, posted on Oct. 29th @ 2:46 PM.

Note that I never said anything about bias. I asked you a question about success mandating credibility.
    One more time, I never said anything about bias.

Favor them? They do more than that....

I wonder if former President Clinton would agree with you.

One more time, I never said anything about bias.

And you are entitled to your opinion as well.

Regards,
    BiR