1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If mary jane was legalized in the U.S.?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by shannonL, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

No problem. Thanks for letting me know you took what I said the way it was meant. [​IMG]

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

[​IMG] Hey no worries!
    You know, I still can't quite figure out how to use the bold and italics on this site. Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't. Maybe I'll eventually get it. [​IMG]

Rach
    [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Hi, Rachel! You have to experiment a little to figure it all out - I know I did! Don't be fearful, just try things out. ;)

To do Bold or italics, or do the other special things like add the icons, you have to hit 'Full Reply Form' below, not just 'Add Reply.'Then just stop before the word or words you want in bold or italics, then go down to the little list of things below (where it says URL, Bold, Quote, etc.) and click on what you want.

So let's say I want to write Rachel in bold. I would stop right before I write it, now go down to Bold below, click on it, a window pops up in the upper left of my computer and I type 'Rachel' in it, then hit OK and it appears bolded in the text this way: Rachel It will have the word or phrase in between two marks like this but appears as bold when you hit Add Reply.

Do the same for italics. You hit Quote and this appears
    You put what you want quoted between it. So you copy first from another post, then paste between the whatever you want it to say.

It appears like this:
    Hope this was not confusing! [​IMG]

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Hey, what are they smoking in Aurora, IL these days? :rolleyes: You've got to be kidding! :eek:

This is exactly the opposite of what ALL the info says on pot. How in the world does one use it "properly?" :confused:

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Thank you Marcia! I wonder if I am getting this now? mmmm

:D Thank you! Looks like that was a huge help! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Way to go Rachel! [​IMG] So glad I could help! [​IMG]

I am glad you were bold enough to try it out! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. One View

One View New Member

My answer for ShannonL is that smoking pot on say, a special occasion, it is not a sin and you’re not going to hell for doing it. If you’re replacing God with pot or smoking it to get through the day, then you’re definitely on the wrong road.

To reply to King James, as a conservative I’ll be the first to say, there is no reason it should remain illegal. But that’s why I’m so dismayed with politics.

7. Victory in Jesus

Victory in Jesus New Member

Thanks a lot, Marcia! Now that you showed Rachesl how easy it is, she's gonna come after me for misquoting her! :D [kidding]

If you begin a post in the bottom box and hit "full reply form", everything you've posted will show up in the full reply form, so you won't have to type it over.

I do this all the time when I think my post is going to be short, and then realize it's going to be longer and more complicated than expected.

8. Victory in Jesus

Miraculously, that post wasn't too long!

One View, Satan is so subtle in his ways that you don't know you're on the wrong road until you're on it. Who knows? He could be using this very thread to get someone to try it today who has never tried it before.

I agree the gummit shouldn't control everything around us. Seatbelts are my issue. I am a big believer in wearing them and always will, regardless. But, why should the gummit be concerned? I'll tell you why: It's a bill that was pushed into a law backed up by insurance companies so they can take that one mistake...you weren't wearing your seatbelt during your accident...and deny your payment, even though you're up-to-date on the policy.

They don't care about our lives. If they did, there'd be no abortion laws (oh yeah, they were trying to save the women from dying in dark underground clinics) :rolleyes: . It's all about money, politics is.

Why do you think the drunk driving laws aren't stricter? Politicians have to get home SOMEHOW. They know they may see flashing blue lights in the rearview mirror and don't want to get caught in their own laws.

Marajuana is a good medicine like a lot of other drugs out there. I believe it will be legalized eventually (the government can't stand not getting a portion in taxes). But, legally and morally are two very different words. If they weren't, teachers could pray with their students in public schools when the student loses his/her family member or pet.

But, don't underestimate the strength of Satan. He tempts people into taking just a little, and it's not long before they're caught in his trap...no earthly use to God....they're too high to call out to God.

I posted a link to an article here
    and also somewhere in this thread, I believe. So, you may have already read it. This child had no idea that after a high, he would never see his parents again...that his sister would be the one to find him.

Read the post under mine in the thread I posted the link to. It's heartbreaking.

People don't realize the risks they take sometimes. God wants us to keep our minds pure and sober so we can serve Him. If Satan has a way to weaken our minds just a little...even through drugs...he's found our weakness and he'll use that to take control. (I Peter 5:8)

If we don't even TRY these things, we'll never know-and Satan will never know-how weak we are to it. He has one less avenue into our lives if we remain sober. No one can know for themselves if they are sober or high...that's why people drive after drinking. They think they are sober, but they're driving too slow or weaving...it's obvious to outsiders, but not to the person that's high.

I'm just pointing out why I do think recreational marajuana is wrong. Am I curious enough about its effects? Sure I am! Ever since that movie in high school. But, not enough to be trapped in a snare I can't pull myself out of and probably end up sucking the family in with me. It's not worth it for me. Not even one.

But, It's not my place to tell others what to do. Your relationship with the Lord is between you and Him. That's your business. I'm saying that sincerely, not sarcastically.

9. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Don't kid yourself, marijuana is a drug and causes a person's thinking to change. If you don't believe this you are either in denial or just flat lying. Besides, smoke in any form is bad for the lungs.

Simple answer, a Christian should not smoke marijuana period!

10. Victory in Jesus

Terry, are you directing your comment to me? If not, please acknowledge to whom you are referring. I agree with everything you say, as already stated in my previous post.

I believe it can be an effective drug for people in serious health conditions, but that is in pill form.

If this is your dispute, then my reply to that would be that every drug has its side-effects, including aspirin. If taken according to doctor's orders, the benefits of Marinol (or any other medication, for that matter) should outweigh the side-effects. If they don't, the patient should be taken off the medication. Because each body reacts differently to medicine, the doctor doesn't always know until the patient has tried the medicine and has been given a chance for the effects to subside.

11. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

My comments are not directed at anyone in particular.

12. KeithKorg19

KeithKorg19 New Member

Good or bad? I don't know. All I can say is that they are addicting, but amazingly fun.

I think I've experienced just as many good effects from my marijuana use as bad effects. One thing I've learned is that your mind is capable of so much more than you know.

I would say that there is one drug that millions of people are addicted to, but is hardly talked about. Tv!

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Well, God made poison oak, too. Ya gonna smoke that???? God also made asbestos. Inhailing that is a death sentence.

14. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

You had to smoke pot to figure out the mind is more capable than we know? Oh brother. :rolleyes: I sure hope you didnt come to this conclusion speeding around a bus stop full of children.
    I am with Terry on this one. Just say no.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Keith please post in those forums that are for non-Baptists. This is a Baptist only forum. Your profile indicates that you are not a Baptist. We request that you post in those forums that are designated for those who are not Baptists. Thank you.
    DHK

16. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

Of all the drugs, drinking alcohol is the most culturally acceptable, but yet it is the most abused and destructive on our society. We may have a "pot" problem in the USA, but the our biggest problem is a legal drug that's taken in the form of Wine, Beer, and Liquor.

I'm not legalistic about drinking in moderation, but the ads that encourage us to drink so we can be "happy" or "glamorous" disgust me.

BTW, if you're reading this and messing around with "Pot", don't count on maintaining a healthy quality of life as you age, much less the ability to maintain a decent I.Q. Ask yourself this question: Does exercising Christian liberty include destroying my health? When my health is gone, how will I be able to work and support myself and family? The Apostle Paul tells us that those who will not work are worse than infidels.

Something to think about, if you're able.

17. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Pot Smokers unite!!!

duhhh wut was de question dude?

I dunno...teehee.

Rad!

I am at a total loss for words. It is amazing to me that self professing christians would even entertain this topic.

(shaking his head) AMAZING!

In HIS service;
    Jim

18. Petrel

Petrel New Member

What, legalization or use? I don't think that Christians should use marijuana, but I do think that the United States should legalize it. I think it falls under the classification of a vice rather than something that should be criminalized.

19. shannonL

shannonL New Member

I went back and read some of the posts. Someone said it was okay to drink as long as you were not drinking to catch a buzz. Catching a buzz is not the same as being all out drunk. Yet, for those of you who like to unwind with a beer or two because it relaxes you. Well,that relaxation is a
    "buzz" . Drinking moderately to take the edge off is no different than catching a buzz. It is the buzz that helps you relax. It is the alchohol that alters your mood in my opinion. Therefore, it is better for a christian not to drink or do drugs. IMHO.

Also, some of you said that you could smoke a joint and it not do anything to you. You must have smoked pot like Bill Clinton.
    Not that I'm proud of it or anything but there was a time in my life that I was a serious pothead. I promise you there is weed out there that will get you stoned on two or three tokes.

I abstain from all drugs including booze. God delivered me from the devil's drink years ago before it nearly killed me.
    It is impossible to smoke pot and not get high unless you don't know how to smoke or you got some dried up yardgrass instead of pot. Which has been known to happen.
    Anything you take into your body recreationaly that alters your mood at all is not right. You can't be Spirit filled and beer buzzed or wine relaxed or reefer buzzed at the same time.

Yall have a good n.

20. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

i am an ex-drug addict, and wow is this funny. Actually i was a drug dealer (real drugs not pot) for a long time (about 7 years ago). pot is supposed to be eaten (it's a fruit), on top of that there are 12 poeple (according to last years montel williams show) who have pot delivered by the fed govt (which maintains 100's of acres in miss). one of these men is a rocket scientist for nasa, he smokes 44 joints every 2 weeks and has done so since the 70's, he is still a genius, still designs rockets. no brain damage. marinol is a joke (i had plenty) it is not even close to the same thing. no munchies (which is the main medical use for pot in aids wards). oxygen causes brain damage, testosteron is a retardant, so is carbon monoxide, along with all other substances on earth. drinking water can kill you.
    not one person has (that i could find online) ever overdosed on THC, hundreds a year on alcohol.

speaking of thc the human brain has a special place for thc (there is a specific place in you brain that contains a cell designed to attach to it and make it work), animals do not have this cell. i read this years ago so it may be out of date (about 8 years ago to be exact).

take it from someone who knows there is no such thing as a gateway drug......there is only the gateway drug-dealer. pot did not make poeple come for crank, their freinds did. if you want you children to stay away from real drugs watch their friends.

p.s. pot is not addictive (at least not in the same way as all other drugs i sold). i never had someone commit crimes for pot but saw alot of poeple sell out their mothers for any other drug you can name.

if you would like to know what i know about how poeple get mixed up in drugs, just pm me.

thankyou and God Bless