1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If the Church is spiritual Israel...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by thomas15, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    even though they did as He predestinated, for without their rejection of Jesus, Gentiles would still be lost!

And paul says that God has NOT abandoned/forsaken fully his peoples of the promises made under the OT!

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Let us see! Abraham was a Gentile, was he lost?
    Noah was a Gentile, was he lost?
    Job was a Gentile, was he lost?

Actually without the death of Jesus Christ all would be lost, including all of Israel. So you make my point. In Genesis 3:15 the initial promise of redemption was given. God used the Jews to bruise the heal of the Seed of Woman, Jesus Christ, so that He could destroy that old serpent, Satan.

And paul says that God has NOT abandoned/forsaken fully his peoples of the promises made under the OT![/QUOTE]

God does not abandon His elect. Of course the elect are saved by Grace through faith and that not of themselves: it is the gift of God. And that includes any elect of the tribes of Israel.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God does not abandon His elect. Of course the elect are saved by Grace through faith and that not of themselves: it is the gift of God. And that includes any elect of the tribes of Israel.[/QUOTE]

You are limiting the sovereign God my friend, for He has plans for BOTH the Church and his OT peoples of isreal!

4. OldRegular

Post #102 Should read as follows:

Let us see! Abraham was a Gentile, was he lost?
    Noah was a Gentile, was he lost?
    Job was a Gentile, was he lost?

Actually without the death of Jesus Christ all would be lost, including all of Israel. So you make my point. In Genesis 3:15 the initial promise of redemption was given. God used the Jews to bruise the heal of the Seed of Woman, Jesus Christ, so that He could destroy that old serpent, Satan.

God does not abandon His elect. Of course the elect are saved by Grace through faith and that not of themselves: it is the gift of God. And that includes any elect of the tribes of Israel.

5. OldRegular

His purpose for national Israel ended with the crucifixion of jesus Christ!

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    paul said that they did not, for their rejection allowed for the gentiles to come in and be saved by their own messiah!

7. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

You are limiting the sovereign God my friend, for He has plans for BOTH the Church and his OT peoples of isreal![/QUOTE]

You are exactly right and the following scripture tells us plainly that the time of the gentiles will end and God will again turn to his people whom he foreknew.

Romans 11:25-29 (HCSB)
    25 So that you will not be conceited, brothers, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery: A partial hardening has come to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written: The Liberator will come from Zion; He will turn away godlessness from Jacob.
    27 And this will be My covenant with them when I take away their sins.
    28 Regarding the gospel, they are enemies for your advantage, but regarding election, they are loved because of the patriarchs,
    29 since God’s gracious gifts and calling are irrevocable.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are exactly right and the following scripture tells us plainly that the time of the gentiles will end and God will again turn to his people whom he foreknew.

Romans 11:25-29 (HCSB)
    25 So that you will not be conceited, brothers, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery: A partial hardening has come to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written: The Liberator will come from Zion; He will turn away godlessness from Jacob.
    27 And this will be My covenant with them when I take away their sins.
    28 Regarding the gospel, they are enemies for your advantage, but regarding election, they are loved because of the patriarchs,
    29 since God’s gracious gifts and calling are irrevocable.
    [/QUOTE]

paul is addressing the jewish nation/people all the way thru those scriptures, but we now are to read it as many the Church fulfills "all of Isreal shall be saved?"

9. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When paul is speaking about OT Israel...of course he was speaking about Israel.

Things have changed now. Gentiles are grafted into Jesus.Jesus is the True Covenant Son....ex4:22 as OT israel failed. It is not just the elect remnant of jews...but jew and gentile, one new man.

10. OldRegular

The Deliverer came out of Sion 2000 years ago!

11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbsup::wavey::thumbsup: Yes He did!!!