1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If you are anti-Trump, you are pro-abortion

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Calminian, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This may not be politically correct, but it's a fact. There's no way around it. NeverTrump Christians will own the Supreme Court Hillary chooses. They will own the environment these new justices will create for their children.

I believe Trump will win, and choose the most conservative court we've had since Roe v Wade. He's already released a list of conservative justices praised by all. Will nevertrumpers then apologize? Don't hold your breath. Deep inside, they don't care about the abortion issue. If they did, they'd never help Hillary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll believe Trump isn't just pro-life for his own gain when I see evidence that he actually has a history of doing things for the unborn.
    At any rate, while I am staunchly prolife, it isn't the only issue that matters in this election. If Trump is prolife, the majority of his other positions are garbage. There are more things we can do for the prolife cause than make abortion illegal--such as work to provide services and other options for mothers, and support those that exist. (There's a clinic in my area, I know, that runs on donations and provides all their services free of charge.) Also improve the adoption system.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Politics is all about emotions. No reason or logic involved. That is why most political arguments are futile. You can't win an emotional argument using logic and reason."--TCassidy, today

4. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am Republican and am going to vote for Trump, but you are dead wrong about abortion. The Republicans are as responsible for abortion being legal as the Democrats, so you need to check out the facts of Roe vs Wade. The vote for passage in 1973 was 7-2. Of the seven yes votes, five were Republican justices. Since then Republicans come out every four years with right to life speeches and nothing ever happens. Your conclusions are very flawed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem awful proud of owning that statement? I can't be sure but I don't think TC made it as a battle cry for you to use behind your shield, but rather a recognition of the failure and hopelessness of trying to logically reason with someone who bases their arguments on emotion. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another strong reason why we need someone like Trump to #DrainTheSwamp!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Calminian

Site Supporter

There is no such thing as a republican justice. There are justices appointed by republicans, but those don't guarantee how they will judges. Reagan appointed some very good justices, and some decent ones. GHW Bush appointed horrible ones, and is responsible for the stalemate we have today on the abortion issue. I've never said anything to the contrary, so you need to read my posts carefully.

Trump, unlike GHW Bush, has put forth some amazing choices for justices. They would truly be like Reagans picks. To not support him in his effort to do this is to be pro-abortion. There's no way around it.

8. Calminian

Site Supporter

That's kind of how ITL rolls.

9. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not as cut and dried as most would like to believe. It was a famous Republican who actually started the whole "abortion on demand" thing.

On June 14, 1967, Ronald Reagan signed the Therapeutic Abortion Act, after only six months as California governor. From a total of 518 legal abortions in California in 1967, the number of abortions would soar to an annual average of 100,000 in the remaining years of Reagan’s two terms — more abortions than in any U.S. state prior to the advent of Roe v. Wade.

He also signed the worst, left wing, gun control law ever. The Mulford Act. Google it. :(

10. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Born Anthony McLeod Kennedy
    July 23, 1936 (age 80)
    Sacramento, California, U.S.
    Political party Republican
    Spouse(s) Mary Davis (m. 1963)
    Children 3
    Alma mater Stanford University
    London School of Economics
    Harvard University
    Religion Roman Catholicism

In Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992), he reaffirmed abortion on demand under the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

In 2003, he wrote the Court's opinion in Lawrence v. Texas, which invalidated criminal laws against homosexual sodomy on the basis of the Due Process Clause of the United States Constitution, overturning the Court's previous ruling in 1986's Bowers v. Hardwick.

In both cases, he sided with the liberal members of the Court. The decision in Lawrence also controversially cited foreign laws, specifically ones enacted by the Parliament of the United Kingdom, and a decision of the European Court of Human Rights, in partly justifying the result.

Sandra Day O'Connor, had previously been known as the court's "swing vote" was also appointed by Reagan.

Two liberals out of 4 appointments. Reagan didn't do all that great a job!

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I'm talking about emotional, non-logical arguments like Calminian's, "there's no way around it, it's a fact, if you're NeverTrump you are pro-abortion". That's about as emotionally stupid as they come.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    unfortunately IMO calminian is technically correct if the events play out that Hillary appoints justices who will further support legalized murder. Not just abortion on demand but euthanasia and eugenics of which Hillary/Sanger has a history of justifying for the "thinning of the herd".

Margaret Sanger.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-planned-parenthoods-years-pursuing-eugenics/

Brave New World (A paraphrase from the book: "all men are created chemically equal" - not exact but close).

To me the two top ranking platform items are anti pro-murder (not just pro-life) and conservative constitutional justices devoted to the concepts of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

HankD

#12 HankD, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  13. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone that praises Planned Parenthood and wants to add exceptions to the Republican platform http://www.lifenews.com/2016/04/21/...latform-to-promote-abortion-in-cases-of-rape/
    cannot be considered pro life in my book. Anyone that votes for said person can also not be considered pro life in my book. But as this election is showing most evangelicals will vote for anyone with an R after their name meaning that the Republican won't worry about pandering to them anymore.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This may not be politically correct, but it's a fact. There's no way around it. NeverCastle Christians will own the Supreme Court Hillary chooses. They will own the environment these new justices will create for their children.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the "new and improved" Obama-Hillary-Care plan with government funded abortions from our INCREASED taxes (which has been promised).

HankD

16. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the record, I'm not voting for either candidate. I'm voting third party because I refuse to support either of them and don't want my vote to count for either of them winning. If anything I am hoping this furthers exposure for third parties in the future, which is another reason I'm voting third party, but I'm not so much counting on that.

IMO none of the candidates running are pro-life. Trump is only pro-life because it benefits him. It is too bad I can't vote for a pro-life candidate, but as I said there is more to this election than that one issue. Pro-life is one of many factors in political candidates and not a deciding one. The most good that has been done for the pro-life movement has been done outside of the laws imo. Those acts need more exposure, because if people are so willing to save the unborn they need to be better informed on how to do it.

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally qd, I don't care the motive.
    That's why people pay a kidnap ransom, satisfying the greed of the wicked to save life.
    I will do whatever I legally can in my conscience before God to end Roe vs. Wade and save millions of more innocent lives.
    I'll vote for Trump - gambling that he will keep his word to end and reverse the anti pro-murder Roe vs. Wade decision.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Calminian

Site Supporter

Indeed. Reagan flip flopped on abortion. Good thing the Church in the 80s wasn't as legalistic as this generation.

19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, as we all know, the church is WAY more strict and legalistic now than it was in the 80's!

Astonishing that someone with your acute powers of observation is voting for Trump. Just blows one's mind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's one major flaw with your reasoning: Supreme Court nominees have to be approved through Congress.

If your statement were true, we'd have a liberal majority on the Supreme Court right now. As it stands, the Congress has blocked Obama's Supreme Court nominee, leaving the court at 8 members instead of 9. So there's clear evidence that your statement is incorrect.

SO - "neverTrumpers" can still help control the Supreme Court, as well as Trump supporters if Hillary wins, by ensuring democrats don't hold the majority in Congress.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1