1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If you can stomach it...find out how this bill passed

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Of course only the person can answer for themselves. I only ask to raise the question. It is by asking questions that we are often forced to think things through.

If you read my last post, I better explained, and I am not condemning someone from being involved in politics.

2. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Many people I know some acquaintances, some friends, some family.

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

RAdam is right Robert. We don't need more government to solve our health care problems, we need less government. The reason the health care industry is getting more expensive is because of all the regulations that the government puts on them.

They don't make an unreasonable percentage of profit compared to other businesses, but in order to afford to stay in business they have to charge what the market demands. Why do you suppose the market demands higher costs?

Options:
    1. The Insurance companies are money hungry beasts who want to take advantage of people (may be true for some, but at least we have the choice to leave that company and go with another one, which will not be the case when the government...a hunger beast in its own right...is the only health care choice.)

2. The government has regulated the Insurance companies so they cannot compete across state lines thus lessoning competition which drives down costs.

3. The government refuses to pass tort reform allowing lawyers to sue doctors for astronomical fees which are paid by Insurance Companies... in return they must raise premiums so that they don't go out of business.

4. The government taxes Insurance companies because some in Congress believe it is evil for a company to make profits.

Now, you tell me which of these might actually be causing Health Care costs to go out of control.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I made no argument, nor did I comment on the merits or lack thereof, of this tactic. It is, however, in accordance with House rules, and is used by both parties. Learn to read what is written rather than what you hope someone is saying.

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

No, I don't think so.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In all gravity and seriousness, what kind of punishment is equal to this crime?

7. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

There's no crime. Congress makes the law, not Aaron.

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

How 'bout restating. I'm not sure what you're saying here.

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What punishment is equal to the crime of perverting the law and abusing one's power to pillage and oppress a society?

You did say "communist plot," right?

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ..............Naif.

11. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Sigh.... what a miserable existence you must have. May God have mercy on your tortured soul.

12. RAdam

RAdam New Member

When someone dared to criticize the tactic used by Dems here, you fired back that Republicans had done the same thing. Why say that, unless to defend the current majority?

About it being House rules used by both parties, that doesn't make it right, which was the point of my post. The point of your post was to defend and deflect. You justified what they did and then said, "no I didn't." If it is not your intention to comment on the subject, don't comment on it.

It's just partisan politics as usual. The talking heads do the same things. We can't be critical of something one party does because the other party did the same thing. Hello, both can be wrong.

13. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

To point out the hypocrisy. Your partisanship has clouded your thinking.

14. RAdam

RAdam New Member

My partisanship? That's rich coming from you.

For the record, I'm neither Democrat nor Republican. I think both parties are full of unethical, greedy, immoral scumbags who are bleeding this country dry.