1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If You Could...what would you change?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 22, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a handful of useless laws and statutes on the books of the city, county [province], state and federal government that are nothing more than wasted space on paper.

Things like the DMV laws not allowing people to talk on phones, text, or use a computer while driving are good laws, but they are not being enforced - probably due to the lack of adequate cops - and when I see a car blast pass me [breaking the posted speed] with a phone in one hand and the other hand on the wheel; I just shake my head in disgust because there are so many people breaking this law - at least here in Sourhtern California - that I can't help but wonder how much money the local and state coffers are losing out on because no one is enforcing these laws.

I wondered how many laws you feel are as useless as the paper they are written on, due to lack of enforcement? And if you could remove the laws or statutes, which ones would they be???

Let me kick this off, by listing the laws and statutes I think should either be enforced or removed:

Sharing lane with motorcycles [scares the dickens out me when these bikers blow by your car and the one next to you]...
    Illegal immigration...
    Using a cell phone while driving [includes texting while driving, and using a laptop computer]....
    Neighbors dog that barks day-and-night....
    Dogs with owners, off leash...
    Dogs with owners who do not pick up after them...
    Use of fireworks in non-designated areas....
    Driving slow in fast lanes of freeways...
    Running red lights and stop signs....
    Drinking alcohol while driving....
    Posting "yard-sale" signs on stop sign/street name/telephone/electric poles...
    Parking on sidewalks/blocking sidewalks with car/trucks...
    Loitering, soliciting cash donations from mediums and street corners....
    Tossing trash and cigarette butts from moving [or non-moving] vehicle...
    Loud music/partying after ten o'clock....
    Selling drugs from in front of the dealers own home, and on curb to drive by buyers....
    Anchor babies...

I'm sure I have more, but these are a few of the laws that frustrate me when I try to get law, code, animal enforcement officers to enforce :BangHead:

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Too many to list. Especially if you start at the top with federal departments and agencies. Then work down to each level of government down to what's on the books in every small village and hamlet across this land.

Sometime last spring, if memory serves, one small town in our area was trying to ban the ownership of chickens on private property. At the same time, another town about 15 minutes away from the first was trying to lift restrictions on chickens.

If I could, I would.........

Give a one year notice. Effective from the date of notice, every law written since the initial formation of each governmental body will be wiped off the books. Start all over again. Maybe it would take another couple hundred years or so before investment tax credits, yard-sale signs and crowing roosters spike the interest of law makers.