1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If you medically cant wear a mask - we don't care

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I did not! You had said you were unable to wear a mask, so I did not understand how you got through CBR training in boot.

I did not say, nor imply a gas mask was useful for Covid. Your claim tells me a lot, as you too read into my posts what is not there to make me look wrong.

Yes, a legal mask mandate, without a medical exception, would remove your right of association at close quarters within the area restricted. I visited a town in California and all the shops had "mask required for entry" signs, so either I put on a mask or did not have a right to enter that shop and violate the shop person's right.

#21 Van, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is what I posted! "That risk is thought to be reduced if everyone wears an effective mask." An effective mask is one that reduces the amount of contagion, both from the air to the wearer, and from the wearer to the air. For example a "Lone Ranger" mask would not be effective Nor one with a mouth hole. Or one not covering the nose or mouth.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Define "contagen" in this instance. Virius or water droplets?

I only ask because even the "Lone Ranger" mask will reduce the spread of water droplets containing the virus (if the Lone Ranger sneezes), while no practical filter will remove virus sized particles (even surgical filters for operating rooms will quickly clog in a normal "dust laden environment".)

A better solution would be either a high turnover of outside air to remove the contagions quickly, or a UV filtration system to kill viruses. (This Architect's opinion on HVAC systems for the 21st century.)

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Whatever spreads the contagion.
    2) The "Lone Ranger Mask" did not cover the nostrils or mouth.
    3) I totally agree, the design of HVAC minimizes air turnover and filtration media to reduce cost, both initial and ongoing. If minimizing contagion is studied, I expect a better balance could be codified. For example, if airplane's were required to have "X" number of cubic feet for each passenger, and a higher air turnover, maybe the mask mandate could be ended.

What is sad is there are no headlines suggesting high density environs should be mandated out of existence. Not saying it is true, just that discussion by those qualified should be presented to all...

5. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    I stand corrected. I was thinking of the Western Outlaws Mask ... :oops:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I'd like to try something like this ...
    [​IMG]
    ... and just BREATHE and trust the vaccines and God to Live ... (at some point the "cure" feels worse than the "disease" ... and two years of psy-ops and enforced isolation is feeling like "enough is enough".)

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you never thought that my medical history has changed over the several deacades!

You are the one who brought up gas masks!

My main concern was that you did NOT answer my question!

okay - that town in calif you mentioned - was it a govt requirement or was it the local shop requirement.? -(hint - a simple one word answer will suffice)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salty, I brought up your claim you could not wear a mask, by asking about boot camp. You answered by implying that back then you could wear a mask. None of this suggested what you claimed, that I suggested a gas mask was effective against covid in post #9.

The non-One word answer to the second question, the shop owner I talked to thought is was a ridiculous requirement of the county of Los Angeles.

9. CONSPICILLUM

CONSPICILLUM Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please clarify for those of us late to the party on this topic. Are you a Masky-McMaskerson and Jabby McJabberson or are you a rational human who sees through the propaganda and agenda and delusional CDC/AMA/WHO tyranny of Fauciism?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I oppose Executive Branch "mandates" based on "emergency" circumstances as simply an unconstitutional power grab.

A legal mask mandate (passed by the legislature and implemented by the Executive), without a medical exception, would remove your right of association at close quarters within the area restricted. I visited a town in California and all the shops had "mask required for entry" signs, so either I put on a mask or did not have a right to enter that shop and violate the shop person's right.

11. CONSPICILLUM

CONSPICILLUM Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, you’re not wrong. But that’s it? Do you think there’s a big Covid boogey-man that we all need to be protected from by corrupt politicians and pseudo-medical ninnies?

12. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So everyone needs to wear N95's then....

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like to think I am about average when it comes to holding bogus views, but I am glad to say your above implication is not one of them.

14. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chain-link fences will not prevent mosquitoes from entering.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Travel in a congested area (bus, subway, train, elevator, airplane) puts everyone at risk. That risk is thought to be reduced if everyone wears an effective mask. When do the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one? In hospitals, they have negative pressure rooms so contagious germs will not affect others. However in an airplane the air is recirculated such that everyone is exposed to everyone else.

The issue is as old as the hills, social activity risks contagion from others. And those risks are assessed differently. A school teacher might think masking the kids is justified to protect the teacher. A parent might think masking the kids has adverse impacts that outweigh the perceived needs of the teacher or his union.

16. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good thing I didn't disparage you. Please put on your big boy pants and quit being such a fragile snowflake. You talked about masks that are effective. 90% of the masks worn today (cloth masks) are literally WORTHLESS according to official medical sources. I merely stated if everyone needs to wear effective masks they need to be n95 or better. You are the one that got offended for no reason.

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But what we are told is that what had been considered effective is no longer effective.
    In addition the CDC does not consider a face shield to be effective!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This from the poster who didn't disparage. Nuff said...

19. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does the mandate for children to wear masks in school constitute "child abuse?" And if so, who caused this outrage? The parents who voted against school choice. Can you image a private school who depends on the choice of parents for enrollment saying the parents are terrorist? Nuff said...

20. CONSPICILLUM

CONSPICILLUM Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    From what I’ve seen so far, you’re WAY above average in that regard. LOL.

• Winner Winner x 2