1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If you should die right now, do you know for sure that you would go to Heaven?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by dianetavegia, Jul 29, 2005.

?
  1. I certainly hope so but am not sure, so, no.

100.0%
  2. I have no doubt that if I died right now I'd go to heaven.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Think carefully on this soul-searching question: If you should die right now, do you know for sure that you would go to Heaven? If your answer is anything other than, "Yes I'm absolutely certain that my sins are forgiven and that Heaven will be my home," Click Here Now!

Please feel free to respond with more verses to help those who are unsure or share YOUR testimony of salvation. [​IMG]

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect you may run into some theology trouble on this question. Some posters on this board do not believe anyone goes straight to heaven when they die ["soul sleep"], and some have not made up their minds to say they "know for sure." That is, rather than doubting they will be in the eternal Kingdom on the new earth.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Alcott, that's a direct quote, exact copy of the question atop our 'All Other Christian Denominations' forum on Baptist Board. straight to heaven is not mentioned in that quote.

Diane

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

So far, all 14 have no doubt.

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I certainly hope so but am not sure, so, no. 6% (1)

I have no doubt that if I died right now I'd go to heaven. 94% (15)

For this one, I'm praying for you and ask you to please either contact one of our minister members or myself and please read the linked page! You can know for sure that Jesus Christ is YOUR Lord and Savior today.

Diane

6. Rachel

Rachel New Member

I'll answer with this song by Randy Travis....

"I'm Ready"

All our days are numbered
    Some live on borrowed time
    But life is what you make it
    Thank God I was so inclined
    To accept my Lord and Savior
    When the good news sunk in
    He paid a heavenly price
    By giving His life
    And I can't wait to go home to Him

I'm ready to go that distance
    And God only knows when that might be
    But oh, what joy waits up yonder
    Once this old world sets me free

When there's no tomorrow
    And glory has come down
    Those without Jesus
    Are lost and never to be found
    So please listen when I'm talking
    I'm just saying what needs to be said
    Make plans while your still living
    It's too late when your dead

I'm ready to go that distance
    And God only knows when that might be
    But oh, what joy waits up yonder
    Once this old world sets me free

Oh, once this old world sets me free

[​IMG]

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I certainly hope so but am not sure, so, no. 12% (2)

I have no doubt that if I died right now I'd go to heaven. 88% (15)

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Those two who are not sure, do you want to say why you are not sure?

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Again, feel free to contact us. I'm sure Marcia would be more than happy to share also and would keep your identity private! Believe me when I say, it's not for our sake but for the sake of your soul that we'd love to be able to share with you.

10. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I answered not sure, but only because there can be no 100% certainty of something that has yet to happen.

I would say that I'm as close to 100% knowing my salvation as anyone else will ever get.

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

If we knew with all certainty, then we would have the power of God and would be no more in need of hoping for something. Since we are but mortal creatures with finite minds, we can only have faith and hope...not to downplay either because they are the most sure things we have in this world.

Hope you understand my point.

Bro. James

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I certainly hope so but am not sure, so, no. 20% (4)

I have no doubt that if I died right now I'd go to heaven. 80% (16)

12. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Bro. James,

My point exactly. It is not all that strange to have an occasional doubt. If you do, you are in good company: John the Baptist, Thomas, even Peter had doubts.

13. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

One thing I'm 100% certain about is that our Lord knows who's going to Heaven and who's not and the only way to get to Heaven is through Him.

14. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I certainly hope so but am not sure, so, no. 29% (8)

I have no doubt that if I died right now I'd go to heaven. 71% (20)

I don't have a hope so, think so, guess so, pray so, salvation.

I have a KNOW SO salvation and so can YOU...

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
    1 John 5:13

15. Wife of One

Wife of One New Member

I know I would. I'm learning to do to myself that which the Good Lord has already done. Forgive. Most people who don't think they can get to heaven are those who have not started the process of forgiving themselfs for mistakes made.

16. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

These are but a very few of many verses that use "hope" or "hoped" in reference to salvation and eternal life:

Whether we "hope" or "know" it is still up to the Lord. I prefer the term "hope" only because I know my own confidence is of no effect and I'm totally dependent upon the Lord for a "pass" into Heaven. I know that only He has the power and that His sacrifice alone is sufficient.

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I'd prefer this not turn into a Primitive Baptist versus Baptist debate so we might begin a thread elsewhere for that discussion.

My concern is that we DO have members who are not sure they are saved and we need to reach out and help them!

Recently a poll we did showed one of our members has AIDS. I hope all are praying for healing for this brother/ sister in Christ!

18. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

The question asked was "If you should die right now, do you know for sure that you would go to Heaven?" and the answers vary from no, to I'm not sure, to I hope so, to I know so.

I provided my answer along with some scripture to back it up. I also completely respect the other answers as well and can see some scriptural basis for them as well.

Did the criteria for answering exclude Primitive Baptists or do you want to add that now so as to limit the answers?

19. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Diane, our eternal salvation is not dependent on whether we know 100% we will be in heaven or if we believe and hope, but do have doubts occassionally.

Our salvation is dependent on one thing only, and that is the finished work of Jesus Christ our Savior.

If someone is struggling with their belief, then they need a good dose of the preached "good news" gospel to tell them what awaits us and what He does for us daily.

Those who are "unsure", for whatever reason, may not have the same joys of our salvation while we day while here on this earth, but there is no danger of them being damned to hell because of it.

With our sinful nature still within us, it is no wonder that we have doubts about our salvation, and why God would want us, but we also know that there is a new creature within us, so our doubts are only short-lived, as we see that there has been a change in us that could only be carried out by God.

I pray for all of us who have ever had doubts, but only that God would grant us seeing eyes and comfort in time, as we have nothing whatever to do with our eternal salvation.

Bro. James

PS And that is not a Primitive Baptist argument, but it is a true, biblical statement.

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I added that now not wanting this to turn into an ugly debate when there are members who doubt their salvation, and not because of their denominational beliefs.

We can certainly debate those things elsewhere but don't allow Satan to turn this into a hindrance for those who may not know our Lord!

IF it does become a my Baptist vs your Baptist, I'll delete all those posts and close the reply area.

Again, feel free to start a debate on 'Can you know... XYZ... '