1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If You Woke Up Tomorrow With Supernatural Gifting What Should You Do Biblically?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Steven Yeadon, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No...most times he allows them to join Jw's, or SDA, or Mormons

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed He cared "God is not willing that ANY should perish but that ALL should come to repentance" 2 Peter 3.
    "He came to His own and His own received Him not" John 1:11

Ezek 36
    24 For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land. 25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. 28 You will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers

Ezek 18
    21 “But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22 All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live. 23 Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord God, rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

24 “But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live? All his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered for his treachery which he has committed and his sin which he has committed; for them he will die. 25 Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not right.’ Hear now, O house of Israel! Is My way not right? Is it not your ways that are not right? 26 When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and dies because of it, for his iniquity which he has committed he will die. 27 Again, when a wicked man turns away from his wickedness which he has committed and practices justice and righteousness, he will save his life. 28 Because he considered and turned away from all his transgressions which he had committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 29 But the house of Israel says, ‘The way of the Lord is not right.’ Are My ways not right, O house of Israel? Is it not your ways that are not right?

30 “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, each according to his conduct,” declares the Lord God. “Repent and turn away from all your transgressions, so that iniquity may not become a stumbling block to you.

Let's actually quote the New Covenant when talking about the LAW - so as to avoid creative writing.

Jer 31
    31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    More creative writing does not a Bible solution make. In fact creative writing is not even fact - it must first be fact-checked to see if even a slim sliver of it survives as actual fact.

That is the nature of it.

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Creative writing does not a scripture make.

It struggles to even have a basic reliable fact.

That is the nature of creative writing.

5. Joseph shall add

The real question is why you have not gifting. God does not impart gifting were it will not be used. The scriptures clearly states that the gifts are for the edifying of the church. That is the uplifting of the Body of Christ. The support of the body. As in there building up. As the Gifts are given by the Holy Spirit God it is not wise to speak against his work. Actually will not be forgiven men according to the scriptures. Nor can people with out any gifting speak if such things clearly. For the scriptures declare this a prophet is known by a prophet and a apostle is know by a apostle. Which implies if you have no gifts you would not know when you are seeing the gifts in operation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is true, I left the IHOPKC Movement after all of my so called "gifts" went away within days of praying for anything not of the Lord to go away. The prayer I was told by people on this board to pray.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If You Woke Up Tomorrow With Supernatural Gifting What Should You Do Biblically?

Wake up for real. Shake off your double dream and go about your business.

8. LeeJ

LeeJ New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Those that have experienced the sign gifts such as speaking in tongues should consider others and the unity that is needed in the church. All too often, these people are prideful of their spirituality not realizing that others have different gifts that are essential to the building up of the church. All too often, what I have seen in charismatic or Pentecostal churches is those who merely think they have the gifts of God's Spirit but really do not. They are the blabbers in some churches today and only serve themselves.

9. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Did you have a point?

I believe mine was that Ezekiel 18 is a physical context.

Because you teach a corrupt works-based religion, all you see is Law Law Law.

You're not able to read Scripture as God has given it.

So here is what you must do to obtain life, Bob:

Ezekiel 18
    King James Version (KJV)

4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

5 But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,

6 And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,

7 And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;

8 He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,

9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord God.

Get busy.

It's really sad to me that you cannot see this as it is given. In view is not receiving the physical death penalty for breaking the Law.

If you make this "living" to be eternal, you teach men can obtain eternal life through the works of the Law.

That is the doctrine of cults.

Again, did you have a point?

Here is what I said:

And the obvious need for the New Covenant was that men could not keep the Covenant of Law.

Not sure how quoting the Promise of the New Covenant, and an insult...change the fact that no man did or could keep the Law, or that eternal life was ever something the Law could bestow.

Eternal Life is only through Christ, Bob. If you would start reading the Bible instead of the literature of your religion you would see that:

Galatians 3:21-25
    King James Version (KJV)

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Time to start having faith in Jesus Christ, Bob.

Time to stop being under the schoolmaster.

God bless.

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed He cared "God is not willing that ANY should perish but that ALL should come to repentance" 2 Peter 3.

Ezek 36
    24 For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land. 25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. 28 You will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers

Ezek 18
    21 “But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22 All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live. 23 Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord God, rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

24 “But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live? All his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered for his treachery which he has committed and his sin which he has committed; for them he will die. 25 Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not right.’ Hear now, O house of Israel! Is My way not right? Is it not your ways that are not right? 26 When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and dies because of it, for his iniquity which he has committed he will die. 27 Again, when a wicked man turns away from his wickedness which he has committed and practices justice and righteousness, he will save his life. 28 Because he considered and turned away from all his transgressions which he had committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 29 But the house of Israel says, ‘The way of the Lord is not right.’ Are My ways not right, O house of Israel? Is it not your ways that are not right?

30 “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, each according to his conduct,” declares the Lord God. “Repent and turn away from all your transgressions, so that iniquity may not become a stumbling block to you.

There we see God "caring" and providing the new birth - we also see "state changes" between lost and saved

Let's actually quote the New Covenant when talking about the LAW - so as to avoid creative writing.

Jer 31
    31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people

There we see that central to even the NEW Covenant is the LAW of God known to Jeremiah and his readers - written on heart and mind.

Thus as we see in 1 John 5;2-3 "this IS the Love of God - that we Keep His Commandments"

Is the Bible point a bit too obvious??

Choose the Bible.

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No-one was born again, born from above, born of the Spirit, born of God...prior to the Incarnation, the death, burial, and Resurrection, the return of the Son of GOd to Heaven, and the sending of the Comforter, the Promised Spirit of the Father taught by Christ to the Disciples:

John 1:11-13
    King James Version (KJV)

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

We are born of God by receiving Christ, not the Law.

John 14:15-18; 23
    King James Version (KJV)

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

No man was eternally indwelt by God, or baptized with the Holy Ghost until Pentecost. Christ teaches of what is going to happen in the future, just as He again teaches of the Promised Spirit here...

Acts 1:4-5
    King James Version (KJV)

4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

And if one has not the Spirit of Christ...

Romans 8:9
    King James Version (KJV)

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

...they are not a child of God.

Again, one is only born again, born from above, born of the Spirit, born of God...

King James Version (KJV)

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

...not through the Law. Not through the gospel you preach and teach, Bob, which will save no man, but bring him under the yoke of the Law, just as you are. Totally blind to the Mystery of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

That you see new birth through keeping the Law is a tragedy, but that is what indoctrination does.

Continued...

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, you put the horse under the cart.

We keep His Law, His words, His principles...because we are saved:

Ezekiel 36:24-27
    King James Version (KJV)

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

And here you are trying to teach men they can be born again by keeping the Law, in complete disregard for the Word of God:

King James Version (KJV)

You do not understand that it is after men are brought into the New Covenant they keep the Law of God. You teach they come into relationship with God through the New Covenant by keeping the Law.

Again, in complete disregard for the Word of God:

Romans 11:26-27
    King James Version (KJV)

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Obey the clean water of the sprinkling of cleansing God has for your heart, Bob...

Ephesians 5:25-27
    King James Version (KJV)

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Then you shall receive the rest of the Promise:

John 7:38-39
    King James Version (KJV)

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Choose the Gospel Bob, and obey it.

Then you will actually be able to keep the Law of God.

God bless.

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Ezek 36

Ezek 18

There we see God "caring" and providing the new birth - we also see "state changes" between lost and saved

Jer 31
    31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people

There we see that central to even the NEW Covenant is the LAW of God known to Jeremiah and his readers - written on heart and mind.

Thus as we see in 1 John 5;2-3 "this IS the Love of God - that we Keep His Commandments"

Is the Bible point a bit too obvious??

Choose the Bible.

The verbatim quote of the Bible just where you find it "inconvenient" is not the problem you have supposed it to be.

We keep His Law, His words, His principles...because we are saved:

-- is the point that we all agree on.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ezekiel 18 has NOTHING to do with salvation/eternal life!