1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If You Would Have Gone Up, The Way You Sat Down

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by tyndale1946, Aug 2, 2023.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not a minister but have had association with many over the years and this is one of the stories that was told... A young preacher attended a meeting and after listening to many older preachers, speaking about the fall of man and need for Christ... An older sister in the congregation heard him mumble under his breath I tell them what man is, in an arrogant tone!... And soon after that they called on him... He approached the pulpit looked over the congregation and said I'll tell you what man is, in a smug way... And he couldn't speak anymore... Until the Lord loosed his tongue... And hanging his head in shame, said, This man is a fool and sat down and started to weep... The old sister that heard him mumble said, if you would have gone up the way you sat down, you would have sat down the way you had gone up... Brother Glen:)