1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured IFB & the KJVO myth...

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by robycop3, Apr 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have read it. I never saidI used it as resource . I have seen a post or two over the years that did but I do not remember who it was by. What this has to do with Hatred of the KJV I don't know I suspect your going to ask how would I like to have to use it now in comparison to the KJV now.. I would say that it would still be more accurate than the Critical text versions and apply to it.
    I have a copy of the MKJV in more modern Language and have used it. Yet I find the KJV easier to memorize and easier to recognize as scripture because I'm use to it. I've read the KJV and memorized it since I was very young. If it hadn't been for the KJV I might not of been saved. I've read it and studdied it since I first started to read.
    My parents believed in planting it in my heart at a very young age.
    MB

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do know that the KJVO critics have pretty much lied about those 2, and had them being satanists and child killers almost?

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wesscott and Hort were not Christians that's all I have to say about them. Saying other Christians lied about them is a matter of opinion. Opinions are not lies even though they may be wrong. If some lied it's on them to prove it don't you think?
    Your accusation has just as big a chance to be wrong because it's second hand gossip
    MB

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I useta be a cop while I was laid off as a steelworker, but I found it inconpatible(for me) with being a Christian, so I eased out.
    The KJV is full of goofs, booboos, & inferior translations, but this isn't the sub-forum to discuss them; that's the "Translations" forum.
    Our topic here is the fact that many IFB congregations follow the false doctrine of the KJVO myth. While many IFB churches say they're Sola Scriptura & follow no man-made doctrines of worship, they ARE following such a doctrine if they're KJVO. There's not one quark of SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT for the KJVO myth, so any congregation that follows it is following a false, man-made doctrine of faith/worship in disobedience of God's order to not add to His commands & doctrines.

5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I hate the KJVO myth, not the KJV. Please point out to the readership where I said I hate the KJV itself, or admit you blew it.

Please tell me why I should NOT hate it. It's NOT supported whatsoever in Scripture, not even in the KJV itself. I, & others, have posted its MAN-MADE ORIGIN in the "Translations" forum. It casts doubt upon several perfectly-legitimate modern translations, & even on the KJV itself by almost making it an idol. And the doctrine itself is FALSE, being one big lie. I hate it because it casts a pox upon Christianity, especially Baptists, of which I am one.

I patiently await a sensible answer...

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, it's "WESTCOTT",not 'Wesscott'.

Have you read what each one ACTUALLY wrote? Just Google 'westcott hort writings' or similar to see them for yourself.
    Did you know that most newer Bible translations, & not just English ones, are made from an eclectic mix of manuscripts? You're forgetting that GOD HAS PRESERVED ALL the ancient Scriptural mss. we now have, Byz, Alex, or others.
    The true stories of the preservation of Sinaiticus & Vaticanus should tell you something, as both were rescued from destruction many years ago, showing God's hand at work in their preservation. They're within that eclectic mix of mss. used to make Bible translations today.

Just do a little Googling & digging to find out the TRUTH about Westcott & Hort, other manuscripts, the Textus Receptus, & the falsehood of the KJVO myth. (I've been at it for years, from many sources, starting well before the internet went up.)

7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've done what you advise and found both sides of the issue. The one thing I found out to be true is the the New world Translation was translated from the same codex. I know these new versions have brought men to Christ so regardless of Good Or Bad translations God's word shines through. As I've said before I'm not KJVO. I prefer it because mainly it's what I'm use to I've used it nearly all my life

#127 MB, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where are YOUR words ? You only quoted mine !

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe I'm not understanding the term KJVO. I've read all the negative and positive stuff about both modern and the KJV. Admittedly I do not believe all that I've read about the subject.or I would disprove of any modern versions. Nothing is perfect that man has touched. The only perfection I know of is God Him Self. I wish we had all the originals in the authors own hand but we do not. My biggest problem with so many versions is confusion IMO they should all say the same things and frankly they do not. Nor do they project the same impact.

I'm a firm believer that if it works don't change it. There can be no unity of thinking in the readers of so many versions they all say different things and say them in different ways I do not believe that it is God's will for confusion over which Bible to use.

I'd be glad to continue further is this conversation but it's Saturday and is a shopping day. My wife is waiting on me so until I get back with please be patient.
    MB

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    MB - Excellent question
    And here is the official Baptist Board Policy of the the King James "Only" belief.

I used to call myself KJ- Preferred -but no longer due, because, I do use different MV's
    (In fact, I'm liable to use the New World Translation if I am witnessing to a JW.)

I now call myself a KJV-T - a King James by Tradition - I grew up with the KJV, memorized from the KJV.
    Is it a good version - yes - Perfect - Not so much.

Allow me to close with this -- MB - you state that your parents brought you up on the KJ -thus that is your preference.

Think of this anaology. Your parents never fed you nothing but hamburger, your entire life.
    as your got older, you keep eating only hamburger -until you met that special gal -- and she
    prepared steak for you - at first you were against it - but then you came to realize that Steak wasn't
    all that bad - and actually you got to enjoy most steaks ( yea, a few kind of steaks you did not like)
    but overall - you now have a much fuller life!

Salty

PS - and by no means, am I suggesting that the KJV is "only hamburger"

In spite, of what I had said in an earlier post
    This is an excellent time to close this thread

But feel free to start a new thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.