1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ignore List

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Rolfe, Feb 15, 2015.

?
  1. Yes.

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No.

18 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I believe you spilled the beans, so to speak! I tried!

2. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean you tried to block the same individual? I can believe it.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like you, I used it, but the Lord got hold of me, and I began to see that I used the list to avoid the anger and agitation that some of the less Christ-like and inhospitable folks on this board. I came to my senses when I remembered that Christ was called names, taunted, mocked and bullied while on his way to the cross as well as for the time he hung on the cross, and then I remembered how he could have called 10,000 angels to come to his side, but didn't. Instead, he hung in there, and forgave the stupidity of the intolerable, and if he could do it, what made me so special?

So, I have no one on the list, and regarding the intolerable characters on this board, I am taking them one at a time and ignoring them as, we as forgiving them!

4. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I have not yet used it, though I understand why we have it. There are some that I would ignore, and I wouldn't doubt that some have ignored me. I'd rather be able to see what others are saying. If I don't want to deal with what someone is writing, I'll just move on. Ignoring them simply because I disagree with them doesn't seem like the right path.

5. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I would not ignore people for that reason. But when someone harasses another, stalks another, then that is reason to ignore them. Plenty are not on my ignore list whom I disagree with (like you) nor have I given you a rabbit as of yet. Just keep your debates civil and focused on the debate. Keep away from harassing comments and stalking behaviors and I won't ignore you.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

When a poster both harasses and stalks another poster that is reason to ignore. But a simple disagreement I would not ignore.

7. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

The trick is knowing the difference between disagreement (no matter how strong) and harassment. Some folks think that any disagreement with their point of view is the same as being harassed for their views.

8. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess if you define harassing as asking a question that the OP doesn't want to answer, or pointing out a flaw in the OP argument then sure you only ignore those people.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Exactly. I disagree with lots of people on this site but only 3-4 of them are harassers.

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I were drinking a soda, I would be blowing it out of my nose...:laugh:

[​IMG]

11. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

I used to think the ignore list was silly, but have had a change in heart over the past year. I currently have 2 on ignore, with a few on the bubble. I purposefully ignore the posters who are long term members here that spam 24/7 about the SDA and RCC. Also there is that one guy who after being here 4 years I still haven't figured out his agenda.

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

That is correct. Con! tried also so he says.

13. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are some who misuse the iggy feature cuz they're clueless as to having any answer for a question by the person they're ignoring. Those folx have a prob.

I read'em all as I get the chance, and simply don't respond to inane stuff.

14. Gib

Gib Active Member

There's this one guy, but I haven't seem him lately. He may have re-invented himself. :rolleyes: