1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I'm taking the spiritual lead in my family

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reflction is a good thing, Brother Evan. Look at yourself and see if there was something you might have said and/or done that has turned her off about going to the churches you like attending. Too many times, we as humans, want to absolve ourselves from any wrongdoing in a marrital disagreement, when in fact, it was our fault to begin with.

I am not saying you are the one at fault, but reflect upon yourself and see if there was something you could have done differently and/or better.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After I was divorced 20 years ago, I said this:

If I had spent half as much time getting to know my wife, as I did trying to change my wife, we might have had a productive marriage

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

Ephesians 5:25

The responsibility of the husband in a marriage is much greater than that of the wife. I could elaborate on this, but will not at this time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.