1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Impeach Bush

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Aug 31, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Pat Buchanan, former communications director to President Ronald Reagan, former presidential candidate and WND commentator, has come to the conclusion that a courageous Republican legislator should move a bill for impeachment of President Bush.

I reluctantly agree – and for the same reasons.

President Bush has had nearly five years in office to honor his oath of office and enforce immigration laws in this country.

He has not only failed, he has intentionally neglected this sworn duty, instead claiming he prefers to promote a vague immigration "reform" plan that involved a "guest worker" program that has served as an encouragement to the most massive influx of illegal immigration this country has ever seen.

Some will tell me this can't be done and that it is irresponsible to propose it because Bush is a wartime president.

My response? It is precisely because this nation finds itself in a desperate war declared by a formidable foe determined to use our open borders to destroy this country that we must act now.

SOURCE

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Which part of the Constitution violate and makes him worthy of impeachment.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...which shows why Pat Buchanan never won the oval office...cluelessness. The last I checked this country does not have a king, but a government of checks and balances limiting Bush's control.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

High crimes and misdemeanors is a phrase from the United States Constitution, Article II, Section 4: "The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

"High" in the legal parlance of the 18th century means "against the State". A high crime is one which seeks the overthrow of the country, which gives aid or comfort to its enemies, or which injures the country to the profit of an individual or group. In democracies and similar societies it also includes crimes which attempt to alter the outcome of elections.

SOURCE

5. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Speaking as a Republican (and former right-winger), I would not support impeachment.
    I didn't support it when they did it to President Clinton, and I don't support it for President Bush.

Regards,
    BiR

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Of which crime is President Bush supposedly guilty?

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Of which crime is President Bush supposedly guilty? </font>[/QUOTE]I'm curious about that myself guess we'll have to wait and see eh?

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Again, I am no fan of George Bush, but this kind of publicity seeking agenda has no place.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

This president is very fond of reminding us of the enemy threat that this nation faces from a powerful and determined enemy. Yet, he refuses to do his duty to protect this country from the very real or hyped threat from that enemy crossing our border with a nuclear weapon and using it against us.

Either he doesn't care at all. He cares more for providing cheap labor to his campaign contributors. He is bound by some agreement to leave the borders open (Building A North American Community)? or he knows the threat is not real and is playing the fear card to keep strengthening unconstitutional legislation aimed at destroying the Bill Of Rights.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Seeing immigration as a "very real threat from an enemy" is an opinion. Hardly worth impeachment.

I do not belive that President Bush is aiming to destroy the Bill of Rights.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Opinion? Do we not hear how our enemies will do anything to hurt us all the time from this administration? It seems to be their opinion that Al Qaeda will leave no stone unturned to carry that mission out, yet the borders remain wide open inviting them to "come on down". In other words, hey guys look over here the doors open.

He doesn't need to destroy the Bill Of Rights, all he or any "official" need do is rely on the ignorance of those rights by the majority of Americans to rule by color of law. They've been doing it for years.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

He has not broken any law. He is not a traitor. He is not attempting to abrogate the Bill of Rights. He did not perjure himself as a former president did.

I did not vote for him, but there are no grounds for impeachment.

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It must be the part that says "he didn't do his job good enough according to insert name of complainant here".

Sorry, doing a lousy or inadequate job is not grounds for impeachment. Grounds for not getting reelected, yes. But impeachment, no. If we impeached every POTUS who did a lousy or inadequate job to in one form or another, we'd have had forty-three impeachments by now.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How do you know he hasn't? How do you know he isn't? Opinion. If he has or does we wouldn't know it would be secret. Good choice. We'll see his term isn't over yet and neither is the leak probe or the Ellen Merriani RICO suit or the judicial watch suit.

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It must be the part that says "he didn't do his job good enough according to insert name of complainant here".

Sorry, doing a lousy or inadequate job is not grounds for impeachment. Grounds for not getting reelected, yes. But impeachment, no. If we impeached every POTUS who did a lousy or inadequate job to in one form or another, we'd have had forty-three impeachments by now.
    </font>[/QUOTE]And yet we keep electing them, what's wrong with us. :confused: :D

16. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

1) The President has not violated any law.
    2) He is not sneaking illegal aliens into the country.
    3) The Homeland Security Act (whether you love it or hate it) was passed on his watch, so the charge that he is doing nothing is a lie.
    4) He did a lot more than the Democrats did in this area, AND a lot more than Reagan did.
    5) Pat is an idiot.

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Now you have a valid point, but I didn't vote for this one [​IMG]

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It has more to do with our own sinful selfish nature than it does the person we elected. We're no different than the Israelites that Moses had to deal with. We enjoy complaining about politicians, and finding fault with them wherever possible. Even if we elected God Himself as president, we'd likely find fault with Him somewhere.

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

1) Neither of us can prove that.
    2) No one said he was.
    3) Refusing to secure the border is doing something.
    4) Yeah he increased the size of government centralized power and spent more than either.
    5) Opinion. Much as I disagree with Bush's policy I've never called him an idiot, or anyone else that I can recall for that matter. I've noticed his supporters like to use names like that, sup widat? [​IMG]

20. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Definitely should be impeached, much worse than Clinton.