1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured In 3 Minutes, He Nails What No One Wants To Hear About Those Canceled Health Plans

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Nov 20, 2013.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're wrong, once again. It is true. My individual plan was a lousy, crappy plan. Everybody I know has better insurance. Everybody. I know because I've asked. I chose this plan because it fit my budget.

Most individual plans that were available in Minnesota that cost less than the ObamaCare plans were inferior plans. I know because I've researched them extensively.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again that is what you chose. But that does not make it substandard in the way the Obama and his ilk are claiming. Two entirely different things.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

[​IMG]

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still haven't tried to rebut my post....

5. thisnumbersdisconnected

He and the other liberals have become guerrilla fighters: Pop up, take a shot, move on before anyone can draw a bead on them.

They have to. If they actually stood up and took a stand like men, they'd get buried by the fallout from their efforts to destroy democracy. Wars like this go on for years and one of two things happens: They eventually get wounded so much they can no longer fight, or the opposition grows weary and capitulates. Let's hope for the former.

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#26 Crabtownboy, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2013
  7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If my plan has less features, higher deductibles, higher out-of-pocket costs, smaller network of doctors than 95% of all plans, yes IT IS SUBSTANDARD, by any definition. ObamaCare need not even be mentioned. It's not complicated.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bad analogy? Really? Wasn't being required to have automobile insurance one of the arguments used to justify forcing people to buy health care insurance? If it wasn't a bad analogy then, why is it a bad analogy now?

Further, consider your car. You said the older we get, the more likely we are to need comprehensive coverage; isn't the same true of a car? The older it gets, the more likely it is to break down; unless you're saying the analogy fails because we should just ship it off to a junk yard and get a new car, which makes the analogy comparable to "death panels"....

(BTW: Auto insurance was a bad analogy then, and it's not the best analogy now. The better analogy is "maintenance warranty")

Strawman. You're not answering the actual question. Should the government have the right and authority to tell you that you have to pay for someone else's insurance? Isn't that the same as legalists telling you that you *have* to tithe?

Scripture doesn't cover insurance, now does it? Which scriptural passage or principle are you using to justify this argument?

Frankly, how much effort would it have taken to simply say, "I'm not ignoring you; I'm considering it and will respond when I have a chance"? As old as you and I are, have we forgotten that common courtesy rules say we should at least acknowledge that we're working on a response? I did not intend to be a "smart ***"; my posts were a comment on your lack of acknowledgement.

I'll have to find that thread; once I do, I'll read it over, and I'll get back to you when I'm done.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Done. Left comments in your thread, and to the article author.

10. thisnumbersdisconnected

But again, you said it fits your budget. That's why you chose it. In this case, the "substandard" plan is your choice. Same with anyone else chooses it, or similar, plans. For you, for them, it is not substandard. It fits your needs. That's why you chose it. With the ACA, you don't have that choice. You have to pay for the higher coverage, which under the Act will also be substandard, not because of the policy necessarily, but because your healthcare providers cannot afford to treat you under its auspices.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've decided I want one of the "cadillac" plans. It'll run me approximately $1,800 a month. I've run my numbers, and about $800 is all I can afford. Who's gonna volunteer to pay $1,000 a month so I can get the plan?

Wait -- is this supposed to be based on my income? So I shouldn't even be considering the "cadillac" plans because I don't make enough to pay for it? But my income amount doesn't seem to qualify me for the plan I want, since I make too much to receive subsidies....

I'm confused. Why does it seem that only the 1%-ers can get the "cadillac" plans?

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Because they wrote the law?