1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In Allah We Trust???

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by snrsvdbygrc, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Allow them? It would be unconstitutional to disallow a Muslim from serving if duly elected.

3. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Did Minnesotans knowingly elect him?

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Incredible how some people have never apparently even read their own Constitution. Ignorant how some equate "terrorist" with "Muslim".

5. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

I never said it was illegal, just sad what our own people will vote into office.

Hmm, I think it is ignorant how some people do not, or refuse to equate terrorist with the word Muslim. One only has to read up on recent history to equate the two, and study the real philosophy of the so called Religion of Peace. Since the early 1990s America or its interest have been continually bombed or attacked my Muslims, not Christians, not Jews, not athiest, not Hindus, not Buddist...Muslims period.

Our news refuses to show some of the real reactions of 9/11 as well, Palestinians and Egyptian Muslims dancing in the streets at the thousands of innocent deaths caused that day.

It is also members of this religious group calling for the annihilation of an entire country and its people. But being Muslim has nothing to do with their actions? In other words, dare to equate the word Muslim with the word Terrorist? Wake up America!! Maybe even take the time to study what the Koran has to say about infidels and how to deal with them.

Yes of course there are muslims not adhering to their religion's teachings just as there are Christians who do the same, but the Muslim philosophy and the teachings of the Koran are the impetus behind terrorism. To ignore that fact is absurd.

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

:sleep:

Bad enough when a topic gets posted over and over again, and the poster doesn't read the current topics and know that the topic was and has been posted over and over again...

He is an elected offical of your congress, move on.

Jamie

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

What cities has this man blown up and what soldiers as he killed?

8. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

Amazing how that got posted over and over again when the story was less than an hour old. So sorry you wasted your time reading it. :BangHead:

9. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

Not sure, has he donated money to help fund Muslim groups? If so then he could have indirect culpability in terrorist acts, no?

His religion says:

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

Them being infidels (anyone who does not follow the teachings if Islam).

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

So would you have us change to Constitution and require a religious test?

That which has been done in the name of "Christianity" is less than stellar in far too many cases.

11. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

I agree, and no I do not propose to change the consitution, nor do I want a theocracy. However, I think the people should be very aware of what and whom they are voting for. In this day and age with Muslim terrorism rampant is it wise to vote them in for leadership of our country? This is why the topic was brought to light.

I do wonder, as Hillclimber's post states, if Minnesotians knew this when they were voting him in, and did they care. Maybe they had nothing better, maybe he really stood out as the best candidate. In any case, I feel that we should be very cautious of voting someone in whose religious beliefs are the cause for the terrorism against our country. Seems it would be apathetic in the extreme for that not to be a concern?

12. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

My buddy lost his workshop to an explosion over in south Minneapolis, and now I suspect our friend here.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Now thats a logical conclusion

14. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I should have/meant to add::laugh: :laugh:

15. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    They knew. Ellison had already run two campaigns for state representative, and his connection (or lack thereof) to the Nation of Islam and to CAIR were issues in the congressional campaign. (He was endorsed by American Jewish World, a Jewish newspaper in Minneapolis.)

16. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Surely there is nothing wrong with swearing in on the Koran?

"9.1: (This is a declaration of) immunity by Allah and His Apostle towards those of the idolaters with whom you made an agreement.
    9.2: So go about in the land for four months and know that you cannot weaken Allah and that Allah will bring disgrace to the unbelievers.
    9.3: And an announcement from Allah and His Apostle to the people on the day of the greater pilgrimage that Allah and His Apostle are free from liability to the idolaters; therefore if you repent, it will be better for you, and if you turn back, then know that you will not weaken Allah; and announce painful punishment to those who disbelieve.
    9.4: Except those of the idolaters with whom you made an agreement, then they have not failed you in anything and have not backed up any one against you, so fulfill their agreement to the end of their term; surely Allah loves those who are careful (of their duty).
    9.5: So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
    9.6: And if one of the idolaters seek protection from you, grant him protection till he hears the word of Allah, then make him attain his place of safety; this is because they are a people who do not know.
    9.7: How can there be an agreement for the idolaters with Allah and with His Apostle; except those with whom you made an agreement at the Sacred Mosque? So as long as they are true to you, be true to them; surely Allah loves those who are careful (of their duty).
    9.8: How (can it be)! while if they prevail against you, they would not pay regard in your case to ties of relationship, nor those of covenant; they please you with their mouths while their hearts do not consent; and most of them are transgressors.
    9.9: They have taken a small price for the communications of Allah, so they turn away from His way; surely evil is it that they do.
    9.10: They do not pay regard to ties of relationship nor those of covenant in the case of a believer; and these are they who go beyond the limits.
    9.11: But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.
    9.12: And if they break their oaths after their agreement and (openly) revile your religion, then fight the leaders of unbelief -- surely their oaths are nothing -- so that they may desist.
    9.13: What! will you not fight a people who broke their oaths and aimed at the expulsion of the Apostle, and they attacked you first; do you fear them? But Allah is most deserving that you should fear Him, if you are believers.
    9.14: Fight them, Allah will punish them by your hands and bring them to disgrace, and assist you against them and heal the hearts of a believing people.
    9.15: And remove the rage of their hearts; and Allah turns (mercifully) to whom He pleases, and Allah is Knowing, Wise. "

From the Koran book of "The Immunity"

When will we wake up, Muslims are forgiven and allowed forgiveness through the Koran when they decietfully come among us to try to convert us to their way. If we refuse to convert we are fair game and can be destroyed.

thjplgvp

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

There was no swearing in on the Qu'ran - it was a re-enactment of the swearing in, a meaningless photo-op.

The question remains - would you have us amend the Constitution to require a religious test?

I can't seem to get an answer on this one.

#17 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jan 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2007
  18. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Roger you are right. I had no idea until I researched it. All candidates are sworn in at the same time and the Bible or Koran pictures are post ceremonial. Alos I found that he is an American citizen who has converted (if that is pssible) to Isalm.

http://www.getreligion.org/?p=2141

None-the-less the Koran still speaks for it's self concerning the use of potential violence as a means of coercive conversion.

thjplgvp

19. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would I vote for a Muslim? Probably not. That's my personal decision. My personal convictions do not have to be constitutional.

However, the Congressman here was elected by the people, according to the U.S. Constitution, which forbids a religious test for office. If people in the campaign want to make an issue out of his religion, they can go ahead, but the time for that has passed, at least until the next election.

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I think I remember reading that he was supported by a major Jewish newspaper. Not sure of that though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.