1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In Search of Fellowship

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by Jennifer Marie, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Jennifer Marie

Jennifer Marie New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, I'm in search of some fellowship and some womanly advice/direction. I don't even know where to begin to sort everything out in my head. I've had to contain my feelings for so long that I don't know what I want in life. Now that my mom and aunt (mom's sister) are gone, my dad has decided to walk out of my life for his new family and my brother and his girlfriend only like to create drama and are selfish. My husband is the only other family I have and he has chronic pain from injuries and years of working and can be a bear. I'm 35 and I don't know what I want in life or where I'm going or what I'm supposed to do. I don't know what makes me happy. I feel constantly depressed and sad. As for church, I've been a Christian since I was 11 and I have a relationship with the Lord but I want a stronger one. I want someone I can talk to about life and the Christian way to handle things. I have no one to talk to about life or anything and I feel so lost. My church doesn't feel like home anymore and I don't feel a fire or desire to be there. Any help or direction or friendship would be nice.

• Prayers Prayers x 2
  2. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm not a woman, and was hoping some women would answer your request. I am new here and it appears that there are not many women here that participate on this forum. But, I think the concerns you describe can be experienced by both men and women, so I will try and reply.

Realize that which you are experiencing is not uncommon among believers. Deaths of loved ones and lack of spiritual support from family, including spouse, resulting in a feeling of being disconnected to what you once were, does occur. Just remember, these are real feelings, but feelings nonetheless. The truth is, you are not disconnected from those family members who are Christian and have died. The truth is, you are not disconnected from Christ. That is an impossibility.

A friend in Christ is important. If you are not getting anything from your church, look for another. Of course these are strange times with Covid19 and that is more difficult than usual. But there are good fellowships out there. Try a home church if you can't find any other.

There are times in our lives when all we have is God and Christ. Praise God we have Him in those times. (Ps. 139:1-18)

Quantrill

3. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “In like manner, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, even if any obey not the word, they may without the word be gained by the behavior of their wives; beholding your chaste behavior coupled with fear.”
    ‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭3:1-2‬ ‭ASV‬‬

I’m a believer in the messianic claims made by Yeshua (Jesus in Hebrew) in the Bible and that he alone saves us that accept his free offer of salvation. Do you believe that too?

Joy unspeakable full of glory

4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul seems to have well-understood the need you express. He told Titus (2:3-5):

Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.​

Sounds like you are on the right track. The younger women need good mentoring from godly older women. Maybe you will be able to connect with some godly older women here.

It seems to me that retired missionary wives can be good in this role.