1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In the beginning God created Evil

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Greatest I am, Jun 15, 2007.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Excellent, well reasoned, and logical response.

Insults do not suit logic.

#41 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jun 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007
  2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

As far as I have seen in this thread (and I may well be wrong), no one has yet questioned your first sentence. How did God "tell you to think more demographically?" (As I understand it, that word means, "relating to human populations") Did you read it in God's Word, or do you mean that God gave you some kind of personal message, apart from the bible? I am not being critical, but knowing this could make a difference to the way we answer.

3. Greatest I am

Greatest I am Banned

Look back on your words.

Now place yourself in a position of needing to direct a non believer to proper action.

Your words would not direct him in any direction and does not instruct.

Some thing like follow the Laws of Jesus and God.

Then this is helpful compared to your remarks.

Regards
    DL

The Bible is the most fantastic book in the world. Use it wisely. This from a very good ex non believer.

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is some advice that has been helpful to me in the past on following God.

It's very simple. Read, pray, and obey.

The words, "follow Jesus" are not meaningless. Their meaning is found in His being the Son of God and can be found in the rest of His words.

I would submit that Jesus, whom I don't exactly think of as an entity, is still here to follow.....not bodily, but spiritually.

Not only are His words left, but He, as The Word of God, is still here.

It does hold its own. God's message to us, in fact, stands quite alone.

Let me pose this question to you. Are you saying that we, as limited human beings, have to fully grasp the totality of Almighty God for God to be "logical"?

For example, a first grader cannot understand the complexities of central nervous system. Does that make the central nervous system not logical?

There are many things about God which I do not understand. I do understand so much more than I did this time last year and light years more than what I knew at age 15. With that logic, I will understand even more in 5 years than I do now. But to claim to to know it all is a false claim.

To me, the following statement is faulty logic on the part of a Christian. "I must know everything about God and fully understand His entire being or else the limited amount I do know is invalid and insufficient."

#44 Scarlett O., Jun 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  5. Greatest I am

Greatest I am Banned

I have been allowed to use telepathy twice in my life. Once with my wife and once with what I call the Godhead. This was the day I was"saved".

This reversed my thinking and showed me the true story of the Bible in terms of how to read it.
    All that is required for man to live in peace is writen within it's pages.

Think from Jesus's point of view and you get a completely different picture of what was happening and why the Bible was writen.

The fact that I used it so well as a prize wining non believer makes the Bible the antichrist Bible as well. In a sence it makes itself the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

A key position.

Regards
    DL

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Telepathy with God??

So I suppose since you have had telepathic contact with God we should just all depend on you to show us His mind?

Sorry - I'll take His word and His perfect wisdom contained therein above one man's supposed telepathy with God.

I talk to Him everyday and He talks to me everyday and we don't need telepathy.

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good day to you, GIam.....I will not post again on these threads. You are in my prayers. :saint:

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Yeah me too. I don't think I am going to get anywhere with someone whose knowledge of God comes from supposed telepathic contact :( and he sure won't get anywhere with me :).

9. Greatest I am

Greatest I am Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    And how do you advise someone else on following God.

Here is some advice that has been helpful to me in the past on following God.

It's very simple. Read, pray, and obey.

GIA wrote
    In a world of 15second sound bites, that goes nowhere immediate which is what is required.
    Speaking of the Commandments or the law would have been more helpful?

Quote:
    Follow that light. follow that love.

These words would be as meaningless as follow Jesus.

The words, "follow Jesus" are not meaningless. Their meaning is found in His being the Son of God and can be found in the rest of His words.

GIA wrote
    The word Jesus is being used as a false Idol.
    The words are important but the philosophy of Jesus is what is more important.
    That is where the emphasis should be.

Quote:
    None of these entities are available to follow.
    Only their words are left.

I would submit that Jesus, whom I don't exactly think of as an entity, is still here to follow.....not bodily, but spiritually.

Not only are His words left, but He, as The Word of God, is still here.

Quote:
    The sum of their words equals a philosophy.
    This philosophy is what we all follow.
    This is all we can follow that is why God's philosophy has to be logical.
    It must compete with all the other philosophies out there so it had better hold it's own logically.

It does hold its own. God's message to us, in fact, stands quite alone.

GIA wrote
    The word of God stands in all the Bibles of the world. There is where someone searches for God.

Let me pose this question to you. Are you saying that we, as limited human beings, have to fully grasp the totality of Almighty God for God to be "logical"?

GIA wrote
    No. We must though believe that God is the optimum of logic as He is at every other aspect you can name. Do not limit God or call Him illogical. Blaspheme.

For example, a first grader cannot understand the complexities of central nervous system. Does that make the central nervous system not logical?

GIA wrote
    I think that if this system were illogical, then we would not be here to discuss it.
    Doctors would say that all systems are understandable. I include the Laws of God.

There are many things about God which I do not understand. I do understand so much more than I did this time last year and light years more than what I knew at age 15. With that logic, I will understand even more in 5 years than I do now. But to claim to to know it all is a false claim.

To me, the following statement is faulty logic on the part of a Christian. "I must know everything about God and fully understand His entire being or else the limited amount I do know is invalid and insufficient."

I agree.
    As individual psyches, I do not think we know it all, until death or prolonged contact with the Godhead.

Regards
    DL

#49 Greatest I am, Jun 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007
  10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

OOOOKay.......beam me up Scotty!

[​IMG]

11. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Try it one more time and tell me if you know what I'm thinking.

12. Greatest I am

Greatest I am Banned

I would remind that much of the Bible was writen by those that were "in the spirit" when revelation was given.
    If this is not an wording that means telepathy then what is it?

I spoke with God only for a few seconds and was devastated by the pleasure and the pain for days.

You must be on a death bed if you speak with Him daily. Poor guy. I will pray for you.

Regards
    DL

13. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROTFL!! That made my day, AmyG.:laugh:

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You are thinking....uh...hang on...I'll get it

[​IMG]

15. npetreley

npetreley New Member

LOL! I bet you really do know, too.

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Oh yea! :laugh:

17. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Have I understood you correctly? (If not, I apologise):

1. On your very first day as a Christian, "the Godhead" communicated with you by telepathy to tell you to view things "more demographically". But how can you be certain that the thoughts transferred to you by telepathy actually came from "the Godhead"?

2. You believe that because you used the bible "so well" as an unbeliever, that must make the bible the "antichrist bible". But that first phrase is self-contadictory; a person can't really using the bible "so well" while remaining an unbeliever.

It is a great pity that you did not mention these things in your first post. Had you done so, it would have helped people to reply in a way that matched your message.

I would just quote Paul's words in 2 Timothy 3.14-16:

14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
    15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
    17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.​

Not a hint of telepathy there, but a confirmation that it is to the written Word of God we should look for doctrine (teaching), reproof, and so on.

May God grant that you will come to trust the bible, His Word.

18. Greatest I am

Greatest I am Banned

I have indicated that the Bible is the best road map to God.
    Jesus the best guide.

As to telepathy, look again.
    Much of scripture was writen by those that were "in the spirit" when revelation came.
    If "in the Spirit" is not telepathy, then what is it.
    I believe them to be the same.

Regards
    DL

19. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there another "road map" to God?
    Is there a way to God other than Jesus?

20. Greatest I am

Greatest I am Banned

If not then God fouled up a lot of souls didn't He.
    All the ones in Hell.

For God to be Perfect which He is then there cannot be a Hell.

Jesus confirmed it by dying to forgive all sin. With all sin forgiven why do we need a hell?

Regards
    DL