1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In the big picture of things....

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by SaggyWoman, May 3, 2003.

1. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

I don't really want to incorrectly assume anything, so perhaps you could explain what you mean by that?

2. Tim

Tim New Member

In Him,

With all due respect, if you're from the U.K., you probably don't understand how politicians in the U.S. are constantly using "racial" tensions to create resentment between groups, so they can "fix" those problems with government programs. The liberals here love to talk about being colorblind, but are always dividing us into different groups. Every government form you fill out wants to know what "race" you are! The liberals here talk about African-Americans and Whites as if they are two disparate cultural groups with few commonly shared goals. Now THAT'S a load of nonsense!

As I said before, I don't have any biblical objections to interracial marriage. That's a family by family issue. I don't think the church or govermnent should stick their nose into it. But there are many in this country who delight in stirring up people about race and then shout "rascism!". It furthers their political cause--and it is pure hypocrisy.

In Christ,

Tim

3. Istherenotacause

Istherenotacause New Member

I don't really want to incorrectly assume anything, so perhaps you could explain what you mean by that? </font>[/QUOTE]I don't know how old you are and I'm not asking, but I've grown up in the culture that the interacial marriages began in the late 60's. Not that it wasn't unheard of then, but the black and white began at that time.

From my experience, it was a matter of the black male being the "champion" who conquered the white female. The white female was in rebellion against here parents and would marry a black man to"get back" at her parents. In the opposite conditions, it was a "dare-devil" male that would even be seen in public with a black female, and vice versa.

I had a few friends that are black in highschool. It was an uproar that some black girls were "all too friendly" with me, though there never was anything to it on my part. I did find out years later that it wasn't the case from the other side. :eek:

What was viewed as definitely a "no-no" then has eventually become more and more acceptable to society through the years, but still, the racial tension is still there. The more this world ful;fills the desires of the flesh, the more interacial marriages we see. Now go figure. The two are very closely related wouldn't you say?

I can treat all people the same, but when I'm treated as if I don't, then I have to lay that to the charge of the one who does that.

If it weren't for what I've heard from so many who "appreciate" interacial marriage, I would probably feel different. Many think it creates "the most beautiful women in the world". Now I guess we all could figure a man said that.
    Others have said "It's the future race of all mankind taking over a little bit at a time".(subtility of the races)

Much more could be said, but I'll save that for later.

Brother Ricky

4. InHim2002

InHim2002 New Member

I am confused - if it only began then how come it wasn't unheard of?

what experience are you basing this on - it sounds like typical racist propaganda to me.

hmmm

I can't see any relation at all - could you explain this for me?

is there an english translation of this sentence available?

please elaborate....