1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In Wake of Kavanaugh Loss, Article Contends Democrats Have been Bullied for Past 30 Years

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Oct 7, 2018.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...many top Democratic operatives [are haunted by] the fear that their party loses big power struggles because Republicans are simply tougher, meaner, more cynical and more ruthless than they are.

A belief in one’s own virtue feels good. Losing a battle that could shape the American political landscape for decades feels bad. The tension between the two left some Democrats grappling anew this weekend with the implications: Maybe they really are the Wet Rag Party.

“They are more ruthless,” said Jennifer Palmieri, who over a quarter-century has served as a top aide to Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama. “And I don’t want to be like them. … The answer can’t be for Democrats to be just as cynical.”

Read more here, if you can stand it:
    Democrats Fear They’re the Wet Rag Party

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They cannot possibly believe what they write, can they? Or can they? Nyah, but plenty of readers will.

5. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same song. I lost count of what verse it is long ago.

From the Dem playbook: Look in the mirror and accuse opponents of what you see.

Though not nearly as wily as Clinton, Trump is much tougher than they are, which gives the Reps a way to stand without losing too much politically.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would stop right there, they are certainly the more stupid party—starting with running Hillary Clinton. Then this sham with Kavanaugh. There is an old saying, you can’t fix stupid.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah your forgetting about the women folk and that reputation will bite Republicans on the rear end. “Mr. Tough” has once again gone out of his way to alienate them, and believe me they don’t forget... he has sufficiently once again grabbed them once again by the ... ahh genitals and again you still can’t fix stupid. This really comes down to a short game/ long game approach, one that I find very entertaining.

8. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you’re on to something there, Hoss. You may not be able to fix stupid, but you sure can take it and milk it for all its worth. Just look at all the folk who voted for “Stupidly”--twice! The whole world was voting for him the first time around. They may yet do it again.:eek:

9. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    For an egged-on, private comment, the one you alluded to was so mild as to not even register. The operative word was “let,” (“…they let you…”) something few seem to have noticed at all. It is as if Americans don’t even know their own language. But of course the real problem is that they cannot think things through.

It speaks very unflatteringly of the ambitious women out there--puts them all in Stormie’s slot. The coasts didn't invent it, and it hasn’t been going on for mere decades. This is something the world has known of and whispered about for millennia. Women exploit their own assets. Women’s movements and feminism are guilty of it, but more excessively and with less excuse. They are the kind that turn women into their own worst enemy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Always choose the high ground and fight ferously.... and don’t get flanked

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prattling on again I see.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a Mans world (Morgan James @ Postmodern Jukebox)

#12 Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  13. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    He said with a :Sneaky. :Roflmao Always seeing, but rarely perceiving...:Wink So, go ad hominem.:rolleyes:

But I said I would. Your being so good at it, doesn’t mean you have a monopoly on it yet, does it?:Whistling

14. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it looks like somebody’s sorta’ got it right, even though it’s about as misogynistic and sexist as it can be, according to the warped views of many today.