1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Industrial Hemp Production The Revolution America Needs to Prosper

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Mar 25, 2012.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Targus doesn't care to talk about things that go against the public consensus that's all. Goes the same for most folks here I reckon.

If the government and corporate media isn't pushing it they don't want to have anything to do with it.

Even if it could be a huge benefit to this country.

The urge to remain divided and argue endlessly amongst themselves about the littlest things is just too overpowering for them I guess. :smilewinkgrin:

#21 poncho, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
  2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Hey Poncho,

Do you think there will be some side effects/dividends to be paid if we began raising hemp commercially in this country?

Also, I read an article that stated hemp was used in the holy oil for the temple. I'd have to google that, and I'm not sure how legit it is, but I found it interesting to say the least.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, why argue about the little things like the upcoming Presidential election or the giant deficits Obama is running up when the HUGE issues like the lack of hemp production could be discussed?

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I think the people who profit from oil and all the things produced from it would have a tizzy fit and come running with a legion of lawyers intent on intimidating every Joe Shmoe who tried to raise a hemp crop out of business.

Yeah dues will need to be paid if that's what you mean.

I dunno about holy oil but I do know there are alot of uses for hemp oil. From soap to fuel and a million things in between. And it's all natural and renewable! That must really burn a hole in the hearts of the chemical industry.

#24 poncho, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
  5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

First off InTheDark as usual you are in the dark on a few points. Let me get you to speed.

The presidential election is theater. It's rigged Buddy. Therefore not only is it pointless to keep arguing about it it's a big waste of time to boot. We could be using our time better by coming up with ways to help everyday people earn a living.

Instead of fixating on who we're supposedly sending to Washington to cater to the global bankers and corporitos who benefit from keeping hemp illegal and everyday people deep in debt.

6. targus

targus New Member

If it's all rigged then I guess that you'll just have to grow your own weed since the banksters aren't intersted in financing your recreation. :laugh:

Have a bumperdoodle day.

7. JeepDawg

JeepDawg New Member

I don't think he is talking about raising pot to smoke. I think he is talking about raising hemp as an alternative fuel source and all around, in general renewable resource.

I could be wrong. I didn't open his link.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Hemp bootstraps superior technologies, rescues capitalism from cannibalistic culture

There's no "if" about it. It's so obvious now only you wouldn't notice it. :smilewinkgrin:

Man, you must be scared to death of reading and learning. I'm going to post some more inforamtion about the benefits of hemp now. You can go ahead and igmore it. I'm posting this for others who might not share your fear of information.

Ready? Here goes . . .

The cutting edge of our green economy

In February of 1938, Popular Mechanics magazine touted hemp as the “New billion Dollar Crop”; just a few short months after Congress had passed the infamous Marihuana Tax Act, effectively outlawing the industrial crop. Henry Ford’s dream to “grow our transportation” became a distant memory, as unsustainable resource extraction remained a cash cow for the likes of William Randolph Hearst and others hell-bent on quick profit instead of lasting prosperity.

However, as Lotus proved in 2008 with their Eco Elise pictured below, not all companies are driven only to maximize profit. Some have far better motives, resulting in a far superior product:

According to the Lotus engineers, “..Sustainable hemp technical fabrics have been used as the primary constituent in the high quality “A” class composite body panels and spoiler. The renewable hemp has exceptional material properties that make for a very strong fibre…”

Thanks to a remarkable set of physical characteristics and beneficial environmental impact, hemp allows for the evolution of products far superior in performance when compared to those derived from trees, cotton and petroleum products; among many others. Displayed below are more examples of current hemp products:

CONTINUE . . .

Wow there's alot of info and neat things here! Don't look at it Targus is may be more than you can handle. :laugh:

Check it out, guitars made from hemp. Nice!

Hemp, the new "Billion Dollar Crop".

American farmers are promised a new cash crop with an annual value of several hundred million dollars, all because a machine has been invented that solves a problem more than 6,000 years old.

It is hemp, a crop that will not compete with other American products. Instead, it will displace imports of raw material and manufactured products produced by underpaid coolie and peasant labor and it will provide thousands of jobs for American workers throughout the land.

The machine that makes this possible is designed for removing the fiber-bearing cortex from the rest of the stalk, making hemp fiber available for use without prohibitive amounts of human labor.

Read More . . . if ya dare.

Furniture made from hemp.

Personal care products made from hemp.

Hemp History (again).

Hemp building materials.

Paper products.

Hemp food products.

For those of us who think hemp can replace our dependence on foreign oil, this is where things get interesting. Is there any possible way we can grow enough hemp to fuel our vehicles and our starving economy? The short answer is yes, but not so much in the short term. Although China is already well on their way:

The first quarter of 2010, the economic operation of China's Hemp Industry

Leading Natural Product Brands, Retailers, Celebrities and Grassroots Activists Team Up to Produce Third Annual ‘Hemp History Week’

The HIA estimates that U.S. retail sales of hemp products exceeded $419 million in 2011, yet American companies making hemp products have no choice but to import their raw materials, due to the federal government’s outdated and misguided ban on hemp farming. While demand for hemp products continues to rise, it is becoming a challenge for Canadian growers and processors, currently the primary suppliers of hemp seed and oil to the U.S. market, to keep up and meet that demand.

That's enough for a good bumperdoodle. And to throw a good scare into my buddy Targus. :thumbs:

#28 poncho, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
  9. targus

targus New Member

Why cut and paste all that when a simple "bumperdoodle" would have had the same effect?

And gotten just as many responses? :laugh:

10. JeepDawg

JeepDawg New Member

There is an interesting article in my Hobby Farm magazine this month about hemp. Seems it's grown a lot in Canada.

Also of note in the article, there was an explanation of the THC content in "weed" v.s hemp. In Canada, for example, growers are required to plant a certified seed which grows a plant that contains a significantly lower percentage of THC, which is the chemical that makes pot so fun to smoke.

I don't know Poncho. S/He may be a fruit loop for all I know. I do know that hemp could be a huge cash crop for my area. It's already been proven that it can grow and grow well here. It may not be the answer to our little energy crisis, but I don't believe there is one single answer, anyway.

11. targus

targus New Member

Weed is a pretty big cash crop wherever it's grown. :laugh:

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Especially around here. It has replaced the moonshine of decades past.

13. targus

targus New Member

My daughter and her husband live on a farm and found some growing in a field near where they live.

They called the local police who jokingly told them what to do with it...

Cut it down, hang it upside down in the basement until it dries, cut it up and put it into little baggies and sell it at the local college. :laugh:

The officer said that their is so much of it growing wild in the area that they can never hope to find it all.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What's any of this got to do with industrial hemp production?

How is it you know so much about drugs and so little about hemp Targus?

It's that fear of information thing isn't it? Is it all information that you fear or just new information?

#34 poncho, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  15. targus

targus New Member

For one, there is nothing new about this information.

And for two, no one cares.

Have a bumperdoodle day. :laugh:

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

If all that's true then why do you keep coming back?

#36 poncho, Apr 25, 2012
  17. targus

targus New Member

Because I feel bad for you.

You keep starting all these threads about things that no one cares about.

Go back to the lizard aliens controlling people - that was way more interesting...

And way more relevant. :laugh:

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So you're nothing but a troll who has the grand illusion that he speaks for everyone. How pathetic.

"Go back to the lizard aliens controlling people - that was way more interesting..." is this lie suppose to discredit me? Or you? I don't know about the rest of you folks but I figure lies discredit the liar.

From now it works both ways Targus, except for the lies of course. :smilewinkgrin:

#38 poncho, Apr 25, 2012
  19. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I can vouch for everyone...targus speaks for us.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Two trolls make a majority now? :laugh:

#40 poncho, Apr 25, 2012