1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Infants in Heaven

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by webdog, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Why does Scripture say?

Romans 3:10. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:23. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Psalms 53:3. Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Isaiah 64:6. But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

1 John 1:8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

It is right before your eyes, and you do not even see it.

Does any piece of clothing start out as a filthy rag? NO, ALL clothing starts out clean and whole.

Does any leaf start out faded, dead, and brown? NO, ALL leaves begin tender, green, moist, and alive.

Right in front of your eyes...

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You are "skirting" the issue Winman! You said:

"Never" went astray? "Never" went astray you say? Defend your "Never" went astray Winman!

By the way, Winman, have you ever seen wool before it was made int clothing?

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This alone answers the question.

3._____ Elect infants dying in infancy are regenerated and saved by Christ through the Spirit; who worketh when, and where, and how he pleases; so also are all elect persons, who are incapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word.
    ( John 3:3, 5, 6; John 3:8 )

5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

YOUR keyword there being "elect"?

#45 quantumfaith, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Exactly correct QF. That leaves the issue completely in God's hands.God in His holy wisdom and design has already planned the eternal destiny of all such persons.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I believe this statement to be the most biblically accurate description that no one can find fault with at all.

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

He doesn't even know if he is elect.

8. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Leaving in God's hands I completely agree. That is not what I assumed your statement to mean, thus I digressed. As to the "predestination" (single, double, triple etc. well you know I do not.

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

I find plenty of fault with it, Romans 9:11 shows babies have not sinned, but according to you God sends the non elect babies to hell anyway. Not for sin, but simply because that is his choice.

As a Calvinist you believe Romans 9:11 says Esau was already predestined to be lost, yet this same verse says he had done no evil. If your view is correct, God decided to send Esau to hell BEFORE he ever sinned.

#49 Winman, Nov 25, 2013
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have bigger fish to fry Winman...when Benjamin and Skan offer you correction which you resist.....you are making shipwreck of the faith my friend.

in your world ...only you have truth.. .It is easy for you..you just ignore real believers and what is orthodox...then submit whatever novelties that enter your confused mind:thumbs:

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This implies there are unelect infants, no?

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This well written statement should be bible 101 for all orthodox believers no matter where they are in their growth and grace. Only a confused and schismatic person would attempt to undermine this solid statement.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

Any good Calvinist will tell you Romans 9:13 says God hated Esau, but verse 11 tells us Esau had done no evil. So God had already decided to damn Esau, not because he sinned, but simply because God hated him.

Wow.

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well WD....I think if we can grant that God is the ONE who elects...and he does so according to His eternal purpose...then we are left trusting Him to do what is Holy and just with a perfect motive.

The wisdom of this statement is that God alone determines this....

many speculate all kinds of things such as;The elect dying in infancy could be

1] all children who ever die in infancy,ie...in this way God could have people from every tribe tongue and nation

2]all children of believers....Padeo household salvation concept..as in Noahs household

3] Some children ......

In any case...such speculation is just that and can lead to false philosophical arguments.... This statement is the only statement that can be accurate.

As many as God elects will be saved. We are forced to trust the revealed promise of God...jn 6:37-44:thumbs:

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All sinned..All died in Adam...Esau included.You are not attempting to be a calvinist spokesman now are you:confused::confused::confused:

Winman we have it covered we do not need your help.;)

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't see how it can read anything but option 3. If we substitute infants with men there is no way 1 or 2 fit. The other problem I have with that is electipn alone is the basis for salvation, the special dispensation of salvation I mention in the OP, not the biblical model of salvation for sinners.

17. Winman

Winman Active Member

Baloney, the term "in Adam" is used only once in all of scripture, and that is in 1 Corinthians 15:22;

1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

This is the only time the scriptures say we are "in Adam" and it does not say we are dead in Adam, it says "in Adam all die" which is future tense.

What is more, this verse is speaking of physical death only, this chapter deals with the resurrection of our physical bodies.

You should study scripture for yourself instead of letting false teachers teach you serious error. It is a dangerous thing to misrepresent God's word and teach error to others.

18. Winman

Winman Active Member

t
    I didn't say this, JESUS DID.

Jesus is the one who spoke of 99 just persons which need no repentance. In Matthew 18, he said it slightly differently, there he said 99 sheep "that went not astray".

And in Luke 15 Jesus said of the elder son "neither transgressed I thy commandment at any time".

I didn't say these things, Jesus did. Look in your Bible and see for yourself, I am not making this up.

And did the father call the elder son a liar or hypocrite? Did he correct the elder son? NO, he called him "Son" and said, "thou art EVER with me". They were never separated by sin and never will be.

He also contrasted the elder son to his younger brother that went astray. Only his younger brother had been "dead" and "lost". The elder son was never dead or lost.

If you have a problem with this, take it up with Jesus, these were his words, not mine.

#58 Winman, Nov 25, 2013
  19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I understand what you are saying.Such an election...would be an election unto salvation...the child while guilty would be covered by the blood of Jesus and the object of his mercy. If God has determined to save in this fashion that will be to the praise of his glory also. Again many understand the same for mentally defective persons.

Some theologians who are otherwise systematic...even {spurgeon} go into emotional arguments...which I believe are to be rejected as unnecessary .

They look at the character of God....as a secondary form of reasoning and get so emotionally worked up as if that clinches the discussion.

I say it is unnecessary and unbiblical. Whatever God does will be 100% Holy, righteous and just.

If he saves all infants {as elect} that will be correct...

If he saves no infants { I believe this is seriously doubtful that God would do such a thing}...nevertheless.....we cannot dictate to God what we think he should do.or not. That is why he is God ...perfect in Holiness and judgement.

If he saves 14 million 227 infants...that also would be for a reason.

I am glad we can offer Hope to parents whose children did not live but a few days...that God is able to have mercy of the infant...not because of any innocency...but actually because of the Covenant death for all the Father has given to the Son.

We are told John the Baptist was saved in the womb..

.as was Jer.1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations

20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Stay on topic Winman...you are in the process of killing another thread:type:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.