1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Innocent protestors" are also part of the problem

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Calminian, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It does for me. I have opinions about their guilt, but I believe they deserve a trial.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Problem is that many have declared him guilty of First Degree Murder

I trust that his defense team will not attacked by his opponets.

Of couse that makes me think of those British soldiers who were defended by the future POTUS- John Adams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Calminian

Site Supporter

I've heard some say this. It's their opinion and it's free speech. I think 1st degree, however is not possible as I understand the law. 2nd maybe. I hope the prosecutors don't blow this case.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tend to agree with you - but whats that saying - they more you spread a rumor- its eaiser for people to believe it.

One thing that gets me is that this man was arrested for a crime - yet that is not longer being brought up.

5. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably because he already died for it? His alleged crime at that.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh....I know...I know....Ask me!!!

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Full agree --- And likewise the ALLEGED murder

8. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn’t get to see his crime on video so who knows if he even did anything. Who knows if he was even resisting.

9. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, no. The correct answer is rather obvious: his “martyrdom” is greatly tarnished by the surrounding facts.

10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, so now we don’t want to wait for all the evidence. He was just guilty. I didn’t call him a martyr. You are going to run out of straw these days. Try to follow the conversation and read what people have actually said instead of you trying and failing to understand why they said them.

He’s not going to be martyr but at least he didn’t kill anyone. This cop had a long history of issues as well since we are all getting upset about stuff that is not being said.

11. Calminian

Site Supporter

Great rant by former black AZ cop.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your opinion may be all about you, but the situation and the discussion regarding it are not. Who said you called him a martyr?

They are treating him as a martyr for their cause. Talking about why police were there in the first place brings up facts that definitely degrade that image

Maybe take a look at the video above by Brandon Tatum. He says some things you may not like, but you should still listen.

13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So he’s guilty of a crime but we want a smoking gun for the police officer and bend over backwards to give him every benefit of the doubt possible even when we can see it with our own eyes. Okay. That seems fair.

And now we have a thread saying even peaceful protesting is a problem. God bless America.

14. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Peaceful protest is a protected right in America.

But let's not pretend that peaceful protestors aren't the (mostly unaware) foot soldiers in the information ops campaign being run by people looking to dissolve the United States.

The professional agitators can easily goad these young idealists into crossing the line, so they can downplay the violence of their useful idiots, all while having the media (which they have mostly infiltrated and control) play any violent response by the state on an endless loop to drum up support.

For any watching who don't believe in 4th generation warfare, I'd say take a look around. We're living through it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rob - in your last sentence - is that warfare or welfare?

16. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’d say the same except that there also those wanting to taint the peaceful protests going on so bad behavior ends up on Fox News which is of course all they want to show. I’ve seen a myriad of videos of these people getting shouted down by the protestors.

Bottom line is that there is a lot of nuance to this and it’s impossible to really tell who’s who.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Warfare. 4th Generation Warfare.

For a recent study, looks at the incremental communist takeover of Bolivia in 2004, and then their scramble to retain power when they lost the 2019 elections. The right in Bolivia used the 4th generation tactics of the communists against them, which is why the mainstream media calls them fascist, while ignoring the fact that the communists in power sought to undo a valid election.

18. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I honestly feel bad for the innocent/non-rioting/non-looting protestors. They never had a chance. The international left was going to subvert the protest for their own means, and they had the money and organization to do it right off the bat.

Look at the BLM website. It lists goals like support transsexual rights and tear down the nuclear family. The average African American protestor is not out there for that. I wish I could find a video I saw, white hipster with a megaphone, talking about lgbtq whatever rights during a sit in type protest for Trayvon Martin, if I recall correctly. And an older lady grabs the megaphone and straight up says "we're not out here for any of that mess."

Between Georgia, Louisville, and Minneapolis, there was support across the political divide for change. Now it's all gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I concur but there are also right wing agitators in the throngs and paid disrupters. It’s important that people not allow the message to get lost or confiscated by rabble rousers. 90% of what I’ve seen has been simple peaceful protesting. Of course that doesn’t make for good TV so media outlets show the more exciting things.

The best places to see what good can come are those places where the police and protestors have walked together. It happened in my hometown monday night. A March was conducted and the police actually gabe them traffic control. Everything turned out fine.

20. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what do believe the ratio of right wing to left wing agitators is right now?

And the worst place to see what appeasement gets you is Seattle. Antifa moved to make an autonomous zone. The mayor even helped. Then a city council member let them into city hall, and they're agitating for the removal of the same mayor that let them get away with taking 6 blocks. Looks like a coup from the city council to remove the mayor.