1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Insanity and Back due to Christ

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by David M Darling, May 18, 2021.

1. David M Darling

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is a part of my testimony that I have never shared before. I have been to complete insanity and have come back thanks to Christ. I started hearing voices in the first week of my freshman year in college, at IUP (Indiana University of Pennsylvania). Shortly afterwards I went completely off the deep end. I thought that I had psychic powers and that the voices in my head were other people on campus talking to me, I was wandering around campus late at night screaming. One night the voices had me convinced that I was killing people with my powers and that I had to get away from campus to save their lives, I picked a direction and started walking. I walked across town and came to a dead end street and the town ended and the forest started. I kept walking. It was about 3am and I was just walking around out in the woods, there was a good 5 inches of snow on the ground and it was around 20 degrees out and nobody knew where I was. The voices were telling me to keep going, finally I heard something howling and that is when I decided to go back. I retraced my steps by following my footprints in the snow and eventually was back in town and I returned to IUP. I had friends and was going to class and was taking care of myself but in my world lots of strange things were happening. I paid my grandparents a visit (they lived close to IUP) and one night I was convinced that some people from school had followed me back from campus and were up in the attic watching me with hidden cameras, I took apart everything in the room trying to find the cameras. I eventually landed in the psych ward at the local hospital and they put me on medication which did not work. I gave my life to Christ in 2003 and I was delivered from the voices and God restored me to a right frame of mind, I am now restored to normal health!

• Like Like x 2
  2. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Have mercy upon me, O Lord;
    for I am weak:
    O Lord, heal me;
    for my bones are vexed.
    My soul is also sore vexed:
    but thou, O Lord, how long?
    Return, O Lord,