1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Interesting Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Rippon, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I met three young guys from Zimbabwe last night. The spokesman for the group had some interesting opinions.

He claimed to be a Christian. He said Jesus told us not to criticize other religions. He said that everyone who died before Jesus came was saved.

He said that his president --Robert Mugabe is a good man whereas Trump is a bad man.

He said it is false to believe that more than 90% of terrorist attacks internationally where done by Muslims. He maintained that that false charge is made by bigoted people.

He is Anglican.

We parted with a handshake.

Have any of you encountered anyone with those kinds of ideas?

2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I lived with some Kurds, whose village was south of the Northern no fly zone between Gulf War 1 and Gulf War 2.

They said during that time, "black helicopters" would swoop in and abduct girls. We asked who was in the helicopters, expecting to hear Uday and Qusay, but they told us it was Israelis.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldnt put it past them:Cool

4. liafailrock

liafailrock Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He's right to a degree, but what he needs to realize is they will have a chance to be saved if they never has a chance the first time, which they probably did not. The church will be raised to a glorious body like Christ, their purpose is to rule and reign with Christ, and the rest will be called later. The general resurrection after the millennium is to a physical state (Great White Throne Judgment) where these people will have their chance (see the prophetic announcement of Christ in John 7:37). But some will be in danger of the second death which is to be burned up forever (aka eternal fire or damnation). The rest can be given glorious bodies at the coming of the new heaven and earth. While a lot is said about the millennium, as glorious as that will be, that will be during this old earth age yet before the renewing of the heaven and earth. The ultimate Kingdom treasure is in the last two chapters of Revelation.

5. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A very interesting thread. I wish I had more knowledge of that culture to comment. All I can relate is a ministry that our local church supports in the country of Tanzania. We call him Pastor Alex, as his name is very difficult to pronounce. Pastor Alex is one of those people whose faith puts us to shame. He supports several hundred children in the area for three meals a day, and a place to stay at night. Support for these children comes from his faith in the Lord, and help from small churches like ours. Every day these children attend classes where the Bible and the Gospel are taught. Near him are several radical Muslim groups that threaten his life and the life of his family regularly. One day it came to our attention that the well that supplies drinking water for these children had broken down beyond repair. When I heard this, I do not believe I had ever been so convicted in my life. My wife and I pledged the cost of half the well, and the other half was collected from donations. I am far from being a rich person, but God provided the funds I had pledged. It was one of the best feelings I can remember having to privilege of being a part of the Lord's work.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mugabe was just appointed the new Goodwill Ambassadoe for the World Health Organization.

Mugabe has been one of the evil leaders of the 20th and 21st centuries. His human rights record has been
    miserable; therby making him the perfect candidate for the position.

Hopefully that decision will be reversed soon.

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was.