1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Interesting E-Mail from HMO on SCOTUS Ruling....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jun 28, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...The following came within an hour of the SCOTUS ruling being announced.

For those who have doubted my statements about my HMO increasing [tweaking] the co-pays for the past two years in order to bring the HMO into compliance with Obamacare, please take note that this is a fact [higher co-pays], and it's still got some way to go before 2014.

And while I am not opposed to all Americans having a safety net of health insurance, I do not cherish the thought of having to PAY [extra] for the health care of those that DC is sending in the direction of my HMO.

This is from my HMO:

Moving forward with your health in mind...About the Supreme Court Ruling on the Affordable Care Act. The Supreme Court decision on the federal health care reform law has settled much of the legal uncertainty over how the law will be carried out.

As a $%&^$# *#%&@&^%#$*& member, you need not be concerned about any disruption to your coverage and care resulting from the court's decision.

With your health and well-being in mind, we plan to continue our extensive efforts to implement health care reform, which began two years ago when the law first became effective.

We are implementing state and federal reform laws as an integrated health care system. These laws incorporate certain requirements around health care coverage. They also address broader improvements to the way health care is delivered now and in the future.

We are continuing to improve the quality and integration of care, and ensuring that we have the resources in place — physicians, nurses, and other staff, as well as the right health care facilities — to provide the care you and your family will need.

We are also reviewing the court's decision to determine how it may affect the law's expansion of Medicaid coverage to millions of Americans, which is planned to begin in 2014.

While political uncertainty still remains, we'll continue to be guided by our goals of providing high-quality care, great service, and affordability to our members and the communities we serve.

Personally, I feel as though this entire plan is being FORCED upon me, like it or not. However, those who will reap from this plan do not feel as I do. So, it will be interesting to watch as those who feel like me, try to tolerate those who think it is only right that this plan goes through, handle the implementation in the coming few years.

I can almost assure you there will be bad feelings toward those who have come in under the radar, but isn't that the way the illegal's have been doing it since Reagan granted them amnesty?

America is changing; I only pray that I have the tolerance to graciously, change and accept the changes that are coming down the road.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

man, that customer service rep whould need obamacare if he cussed me out like that! :laugh: