1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

interesting info

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by 2Timothy4:1-5, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Oh?? Look at this:

"Virtually no one today uses the WH text for anything but comparison. The text used is generally the UBS text"

And preface said:
    " Thus the text, built up on the work of the 19th century , has remained as a whole unchanged, particularly since the research of recent years has not yet led to the establishment of a generally acknowledged N.T. text" (Erwin Nestle and Kurt Aland, Novum Testamentum Graece, 24th edition, 1960, p. 62)."

Why dont you quit playing games and fess up;the fingerprints of W&H are all over the MVs..Yes,no??
    </font>[/QUOTE]In another thread you mentioned careful reading. Let's practice it now.

To say that virtually no one uses the WH text is undeniably true. To say that the modern Greek texts used the WH text as its base does not contradict that. You simply do not know what you are talking about. The textual principles of the 19th century have been used not only for the WH text, but for the modern reliable texts as well. It is only your own allegiance to false teaching that prevents you from understanding this.

If you get a WH text and compare it with the UBS or the NA text, you will see that you are dead wrong. Of course, if you picked up those three texts, you could not read a word of them which means that you have no basis to talk about this subject. You are clearly uninformed about the truth and have sold your soul to false teachers.

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Askjo said,

"You did not answer my questions."

That is correct I did not directly answer you. Whether or not I know one or a thousand KJVonlyist does not contribute anything to the error involved in this doctrine.

Now let me ask you one question, which you do not have to answer. Why is it that the KJVonlyist are so intent on changing everyone else's view?

IF you want to hold to this one version to the exclusion of all others, so be it. Please allow those of us who disagree the same freedom of choice.

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Stupid? You know the UBS only instead of 5 Greek texts because I asked you these questions, however I tested you. You answered one of 5 questions. Sorry, you failed this tests. The reason for this is that you distracted them.

I am aware of these 5 current Greek texts and Greek 5,000+ MSS. My point is to look at 5 Greek texts, not 5,000 Greek MSS because I just show you something very interestingly. You do not want to know them. That's your problems. Too bad!

Noooo! Sorry! You failed this test. You only know your favorite Greek text, UBS. That's all. You did not answer all of 5 questions.

Family Christian bookstores! Berean stores! And More!!! Are you satisfied?

The light that I can see.

Is the Holy Spirit false teacher? Should I ignore God the Holy Spirit's warning?

Sorry, you are mistaken to say that.

"Lies", "false teacher", "not telling the truth", and other words whatsoever you called, are to show that you are so foolish yourself. You act like a pharisee who criticzed Jesus' name?

4. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I count 35 manuscript supporting Matthew 1:25 saying, "firstborn son."

I count 18 manuscripts removing it.

Do you mean the alteration to the "Confessional." Catholic confessional? If so, you must confess your sins to your Catholic Father. :eek:

Inferior? 5210 of 5255 manuscripts supported the TR/KJV. How would you said it is inferior reflecting manuscript evidences? Only 45 of 5255 supported modern versions. Obviously they are inferior.

5. Askjo

Askjo New Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. Daughter of the King

Dear BrianT:

Yes, that was the neutering modern translation to which I referred. My teachers teach against it. Do you know the name of the translation so I can more specifically refer to it?

As a Christian lady, I am not going to strive to teach or debate this with you. It is not right for me to do so.

God bless!

Princess

7. BrianT

BrianT New Member

You are probably thinking of the "TNIV" (or "Today's New International Version"). Again, it is not "neutering", it is "inclusive". There is a difference.

click here for more links (pro, con, and neutral) on the TNIV than you'll ever need

Oh, I don't mind. Go ahead. ;)

8. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Just watch out these groups of KJV onlyists reflecting this doctrine. Maybe you are :confused: or not. Who knows?

Are modern Bible versions dangerous? If so, Look at Jeremiah 23:36.

The NWT is a cult bible. If so, look at Galatians 1:6-10. The NWT is "another gospel" bible.

The NWT's Greek Text is the W/H Greek text. Let's compare: NASB's Greek Text is the W/H Greek Text. The UBS Greek text goes back to the W/H Greek Text.

Watch out! Our mind is "locked" by one powerful tool. It is called, "Control." I read a book and find very interesting quotation. It said, "Control people's mind by their education, and control their education by their language." Ok, let's look at something very interestingly.

For example, public schools and a Christian schools are 2 kinds of schools that we are aware of. Right? Children in public schools and children in Christian schools are: how do both children behave? Are they same? No, they behave differently. Children's behavior in Christian schools is better than children in public school. Right? If so, likewise the naturalistic Universities/Seminaries and Consistently Christian Universties/Seminaries. They argue on Bible versions. On which side you stand?

9. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Askjo,

I'm sorry, but I just read your answer to my post three times and I do not have a clue what you are saying.

I appreciate your zeal and dedication to what you believe is right, but since this topic seems to upset you I feel it is better to stop pursuing this line of reasoning. God bless!

10. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

If you are going to post, please work on proof reading and getting your English right. It is very difficult to understand what you are sayign becuase you skip words.

What?? Read again what I said ... I know about not only the UBS text, but about many more Greek texts. I pointed out that the five Greek texts you list are not even different Greek texts. You only listed three Greek texts as I recall. You listed on twice and listed a category of Greek texts as a Greek text.

[/qb]Read very carefully here: 1) The "5" Greek texts you listed are not separate Greek texts; they are not all the available Greek texts. I listed many that you omitted from your list. 2) I am willing to look at five Greek texts. You didn't list five. What I am telling you to do is realize that you were wrong and gracefully back out rather than embarrass yourself by continuing.

What do you want me to know?? The only thing you showed me that I didn't konw is that you don't know what you are talking about. I suspected that from the beginning but you have confirmed it for me.

[/qb]Who said the UBS is my favorite. Right now, at this very minute, I have at least 10 Greek texts in front of me. I did answer all five questions. The answers to some were "I don't know." The reason I don't know is because I don't use those translation and I don't care. It is irrelevant.

[/qb]I will make some phone calls and find out. I have never seen a WH text in a Family Christian Store. I just looked at their website and they don't have any Greek text listed on their website. Typically stores have less than the website does. I have never heard of a Berean store. Please give me a location and a phone number.

Then why don't you quit spreading darkness here??

No and the Holy Spirit has confirmed to me that you are wrong and that you are misleading people into false teaching. Respond to him before it is too late.

Jesus stood up against the false teachers of his day and called them such. Paul did it; Peter did it; John did it. And they have called all who love God and his truth to do it. Therefore, I stand up for the truth when it is maligned and spoken against. I refuse to stand idly by while God's word is attacked and people's faith in his word are shaken.

I urge you again to start learning. You repeatedly show how vastly unfamiliar you are with this topic. There is no need for you to continue in your current state. There is hope.