1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

International Co-Op

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Lori, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Lori

Lori New Member

I am just wondering if this is already in existance? Yes I have read the Left-Behind series and that's where I read about the idea of an underground market for believers. The rapture/tribulation timing aside, should we not set one up so that either 1)we can use it if we get to the point where the mark is in place while believers are still here during the trib, or 2)it can be set up and running for those who would be the tribulation saints?

azwyld
    <*}}}><

2. R. J.

R. J. New Member

Lori,

Tribulation saints should head for Utah and hid in the first cave they find in the Wasatch Mountains. It should be well stocked with essentials for surviving by the local Mormons.

3. Lori

Lori New Member

:D

Well that should certainly be a good start! But I still wonder if someone somewhere should be getting this type of thing set up now for the people left behind (if you believe pre-trib) or for believers that will not take the mark (if you believe mid-trib or post-trib).

azwyld
    <*}}}><

4. R. J.

R. J. New Member

Lori,

There is only one tribulation spoken of in the bible, the Great Tribulation. The Lord Jesus spoke of two end time periods in Matthew 24:
    (1) The beginning of sorrows
    (2) The great tribulation

With that in mind, would you agree to a modified set of rapture positions as follows:

(1) Pre-sorrows or pre-week would include all of those "pre-trib" believers who believe the rapture occurs prior to the beginning of Daniel's 70th week.
    (2) Mid-week would include all of those "pre-trib" believers who believe the rapture occurs in the MIDST of Daniel's 70th week BUT BEFORE the start of the Great Tribulation.
    (3) Mid-trib or pre-wrath would include all of those believers who believe the rapture occurs AFTER the Great Tribulation BUT BEFORE the vials of God's wrath.
    (4) Post-trib would include all of those "post-trib" believers who believe the rapture occurs AFTER the Great Tribulation and AFTER the vials of God's wrath.

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think we need to focus on our relationship with Christ and witnessing to the lost, not preparing for something we don't even know how or when will happen. Why are Christians to be thinking of themselves? Let's remember what we are here for - to glorify God.

6. Lori

Lori New Member

Hi RJ. I myself am pre-trib, but I worded my posts in such a way so that people who believe in the other positions would have it make sense to them as well.

Marcia, perhaps I jumped the gun, but I asked/suggested the idea of the co-op for not just the christians of that time period, but for others as well (hold-outs). This would be so that we may also reach them for Christ. Of the things we do know, we know that there will be a rapture, and that the mark will be enforced at some point after during the tribulation. It was just a thought and nothing to be taken as being self-centered.

azwyld
    <*}}}><

7. Stacie

Stacie New Member

My concern with that would be, if we start it now, then how will those who are left behind know about it? I mean if we leave any clues or tell anybody that is left behind, then how do we know that those that find out about it, won't turn in all the supplies to the Anti-Christ?

While I would love to be able to help out with something like this, I believe it will be up to those who are left behind to do the work. (Sorta like it's their purpose, maybe that's why they waited until after the rapture to accept Christ. Although they won't know why they waited, but God will know.)

Stacie

8. superdave

superdave New Member

Yes, except the Mormons will still be here to use it

9. Lori

Lori New Member

Stacie those are really good points. I will ponder them for a while.

Hmm....maybe that's why my dad is hanging onto those MRE's. [​IMG]

Hey SuperD, probably if they're left behind they'll change their minds and become trib-saints, hence no more mormans. :D

azwyld
    <*}}}><

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Lori, sorry if what I said implied something like that about you. However, we don't know when the rapture will be or really much about how things will be so I just think it's better to focus on what God has given us to do. The Rapture could be 300 yrs. from now.

11. Lori

Lori New Member

It's okay marcia. You raise a very valid point about the timing of all the trib stuff. It is all on God's timing. I think probably the feeling of urgency is just very strong with all that is going on in the world around us.

I like the point that Stacie made about some people that are unsaved now possibly being the ones to start it.

azwyld
    <*}}}><