1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

International Ministry

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by PilgrimPastor, Oct 18, 2010.

1. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

I am looking into ministry with an international conference of Baptist churches. I am curious if anyone on the board has experience with international ministry? i.e. pastoral ministry in English speaking churches made up of ex-patriots etc. in international settings like Norway, Spain, Germany etc.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check out the International Baptist Convention. The convention was originally formed by English speaking Baptist churches in Germany. The membership mainly was US military and their families. Due to the US draw down, some of the churches are now mainly local nationals. But since English is considered the international language, most of the churches, if not all are English speaking.

I was a member of Zweibrueckn Baptist when I was stationed there in the early '70's.

3. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks Salty.

That is who I am looking into. I am going to one of their annual meetings next year to learn more about their ministry directly. I have every intention of seeing where it leads; perhaps to a call overseas.