1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Interpretation" in 2 Peter 1:20-21

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by John of Japan, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you are deliberately misunderstanding what I am saying in order to post a belittling reply.

I rephrase what I wrote -
    All those SCRIPTURES quoted in the Epistles & interpreted by them are what many of us refer to as "spiritual fulfilment of prophecy." But they are not just figurative language, they are real statements of our status as believers in Christ

Why do you think I, or anyone else posting, has missed the resurrection of Christ & its significance?

Why do you assert that "the throne of the Kingdom of God, and ....the throne of David." are very different thrones? Scripture please, or is that your own private interpretation?

No. It means that the millennium runs from the first century to shortly before the return of Christ.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you understanmd that jesus can be both reigning in heaven, and yet not reigning here on earth, as in Having all things done here as it is now in heaven?

3. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.
    Mat. 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshipped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.’

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is in charge, but he is allowing sin and evil to now still be done, that ceaaes when he sets up His Kingdom here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.