1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Interview with Four of John R. Rice's Daughters

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Jerome, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is awesome! Thanks much for posting it.

There were six daughters. Grace, the oldest, was the first to go to Heaven, not too long after her father did in 1980. My mother, the second, was next, passing away in the fall of 2011.

I am pleased to see that these recordings are in "The Paige Patterson SBC Conservative Resurgence Collection." I was down there doing research in the John R. Rice Papers in August, but didn't know about this collection--it may be brand new. I did get to have lunch with the Pattersons, before which Dr. Patterson fellowshipped with my friend and I some. He told me that John R. Rice planted the seeds of the Resurgence, since everywhere he visited pastors back in the day, SBC pastors usually had The Sword of the Lord out on their desks.

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are not online anymore.
    The entire "Paige Patterson SBC Conservative Resurgence Collection" has disappeared from the SWBTS Digital Archive website!

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a real shame. Sounds like an unintended result from Patterson's downfall.

• Agree Agree x 3