1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Introduce Yourself, Youth!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Margie Kritzer, Nov 26, 2003.

1. AZfiddler_Oct1996

AZfiddler_Oct1996 New Member

Good times... you could say that again. But unfortunately, they aren't all good-
    Anyway, what style do you like to play most? I was learning to play with fiddle so pretty much it was chords with a bass run and chop.

-Alice

2. gekko

gekko New Member

anything really... not hawaiian yet... little difficult. love fingerpicking. acoustic stuff like Paul Wright, or Ten Shekel Shirt. love the song "crash" by dave matthews band. but i don't like the words... we play the hymn "nothing but the blood" to the tune of 'crash'... sounds amazing on piano and guitar! i make most my stuff... still learning to remember the chords of a lot of worhip songs. emo is great stuff... trying to learn some of Damien Rice.... just for the practice stuff now... i like rock and slower stuff when playing my guitar though.

i have no idea what a bass run and chop is...

3. AZfiddler_Oct1996

AZfiddler_Oct1996 New Member

Hey, go to http://www.dkmusicstudio.com/dkmusic/dkmusicmedia.php?operation=video and click on the 3rd one up from the bottom. You can see/hear the guitar part pretty good on that one. When the camera moves to the fiddle you can still see the left hand of the guitar. Tell me if it works. Oh yeah, the name of the song is Sally Goodin(to help you find it).

-Alicia

4. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

I love The Dave Matthews band. I am kristen I am 18 and I am going to school at Prcc.

5. KirstenB

KirstenB New Member

HI,
    My name is Kirsten. I'll be 18 on February 8th, 2006. I love scrapbooking, sports, singing, and playing the piano. I go to church at LIghthouse Bible baptist church in Cape Girardeau, MO. I am the 7th child out of eight. Yes, thats right mt parents had eight kids and none of them were twins. I am homeschooled and love it. Are any of you homeschooled?

In Christ,
    Kirsten

6. gekko

gekko New Member

i ain't homeschooled. i may have got schooled at checkers. nah. from gr.1 to gr.7 was public school. gr.8 to gr.10 christian highschool then gr.11&12 was technical school. now i'm 18, 2nd yr. university. and not lovin' the heck out of it. only 'cuz i want to get into the mission's field so bad. but right now my town is the mission's field. c'est la vie. i have a few friends that are/were homeschool'd. they like it lots. lotta free time i see. but uh. i'll get back to playin' guitar. have a gooder all ya's.

God Bless.

gekko.

7. gekko

gekko New Member

i have a friend named kirsten. oh, and a friend named kristen. and a friend named kristjen. i think that's how you spell his name. anyways. thought i'd mention them names are saweet!

8. CBCSLTechDude

CBCSLTechDude New Member

9. gekko

gekko New Member

uh... hello there. how's arizona treatin' ya tech?

10. CBCSLTechDude

CBCSLTechDude New Member

Well, I have seen alot of falling stars lately and I almost have my pilots lic., so it's really rocking my socks off. :confused:

11. Ashleigh

Ashleigh New Member

How long have you been in AZ? I just moved here from Youngtown last year.

12. CBCSLTechDude

CBCSLTechDude New Member

17 years, or since I was born.

13. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

I miss people who talk like that! I used to say that all the time... but I'm going to college in North Carolina right now, so no one says the things I said back in Az. :D

14. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

Hi I'm Michael and I'm 17 from CA, were having nice wather here but that's all that you could say is nice. I'm a bit of a cartoonist

15. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

16. CBCSLTechDude

CBCSLTechDude New Member

I miss people who talk like that! I used to say that all the time... but I'm going to college in North Carolina right now, so no one says the things I said back in Az. :D </font>[/QUOTE]lol, well I'm always here ;)

17. mercytruth

mercytruth New Member

Guess who's home from college? [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. patrioticcamerican

Mercy Truth, did you have a nice semester? The sleeping smiley is cute [​IMG]

19. mercytruth

mercytruth New Member

Yes-- I had a great semester. PCC's awesome! How'd urs go?

20. patrioticcamerican

I'm glad you like PCC! My semester was pretty good--busy sometimes, not so busy during others...it's been good to catch up on some sleep though, or at least try to... [​IMG]