1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iran warns ‘it’s ready for war’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by HankD, Jun 20, 2019.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberal?

Really?

I merely proclaimed what heathen mindset results, and I’m liberal, not patriotic, ...

God has raised this nation, has preserved this nation, but when has this nation been completely redeemed, or even less than corruption in its belly of political, moral, and philosophical views?

From the days of the arrival of humankind to the land, never has there been complete submission to God.

Is it wrong, then to proclaim judgment, especially when preservation is repaid by every perversion and excess?

Is the proclamation not the highest form of patriotism, to warn and urge others to repent?

• Like Like x 1
  2. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I point to the Cherokee nation. Living as farmers, having their own written language, having towns, dwelling in houses, even universities, many having become believers.

Yes, they were brutally treated by the United States. They were not the only nation within the US brutalized by the US government to “Christianize” them.

If we have done such to the near neighbor, how have we interfered in the far realms?

Believers are to be as The Scriptures state, peaceful.

Threatening the believer should not alarm, slaying of the believer should not dismay, persecution of the believer should be expected.

I did not legitimize the heathen, I acknowledged the way the heathen conduct themselves.

Why would anyone think it unpatriotic to not be as that watchman of old warning of imminent and coming doom should this nation not repent, even the believers within that nation?

Why should it alarm bible knowing folks that God would bring a heathen godless nation to demolish that which prided itself as God blessed and His special, yet was filled and agreed to all manner of ungodliness, idols, perversions, ...

Why are not more recognizing and warning?

Is that not far more patriotic to proclaim “strength comes from the Lord” in comparison to those who puff up the strength of “horses and chariots” as their security?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Three strikes against me. Wow. Liberal, Calvinist, unpatriotic.

I probably am more patriotic than some here in this thread, because I love and believe in the ideal America that was originally intended. No foreign entanglements, free speech, no Shibboleths (like the Pledge of Allegiance) or sacred trappings like almost deifying that piece of cloth that is the American flag.

This is all so far from the original intent of the founders for this country. Also, and more to the point, none of this current strain of patriotism is found in the Bible.

Just wondering how I am "weaponizing words". Is it because I am making sense? And I am just pointing out errors in thinking concerning this political situation. "Eradicating sin" is your terminology.

Which is better, to have the freedom to criticize? Or to just go along with the prevailing herdthink?

#123 asterisktom, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think we're close to invasion time. Iran is lashing out because the sanctions are working. The funds they provide to Hamas and Hezbollah are way down. The oligarchs in the IRGC and the Ayatollah's circle are losing money, and resorting to bkack market activities, which is further de-legitimizing the regime. We need to keep applying soft pressure. And I don't care where one stands on what we have a right to do or not do, but Iran cannot be allowed to get a nuclear bomb.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump just signed a whole new set of sanctions this morning.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither. Why would you criticize? You are not perfect, nor am I... as Christ said to the young man, why do you call me good? None save God is good. And that my friend is a sensible man.

Seriously then Tom, we are all sinners are we not. So don’t be so hard on yourself... or others. there still is grace here that abides.

Then there is that thing called hypocrisy dear Thomas, that I am told is the worst crime of humanity... so I really do wonder about all those mindless herds mooing loudly... but I digress, hypocrisy is the mother of all sins and who does not wallow in it knowingly or unknowingly. We must accept ourselves for who we are. That is the secret of a heathy mind and body.

Actually I like people who speak their mind and don’t back down... makes for a good debate ( clarifies things).You need to respect your own thoughts because they are your own and you are entitled them so it’s good you stand up for them. And it’s the same with me. I know for a fact that it is vital for the USA to protect ourselves from foreign and domestic terror and to use whatever means is necessary to do that. If Iran, North Korea, Canada etc threatens us we must use our big stick.... and if it’s nuclear, well then so be it.

#126 Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Should I start calling you Cromwell now. He expected much also....so did Luther & Calvin. But in the years that followed there were many disappointing changes. And that will always with sinners, they backslide. God is the sovereign one, He dispels the grace.

now if you want an example of this, namely the Welsh revivals then take a serious look. Now look at where they are now....its not pretty. My point, we still have a sin nature. Its God that's the better one

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hypocritically, but according to the Progressive ideology of some if they 'd have welcomed our migration and gave us half their buffalo and corn instead of being deplorable savages there wouldn't been a problem.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LoL... where do you you come up with these analogies?

10. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is truly funny. Very good!