1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iranian Jerk is at it again - time is up!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DQuixote, Mar 4, 2007.

1. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Last year the president of Iran talked about the return of the Islamic Mahdi on August 21, 2006, to set up a 7-year era of peace and tranquility on earth. Some of the religionists in Iran asked him to cool it. Well, he's back.

According to him, the Islamic Mahdi will appear on March 21, 2007, with Jesus as his lieutenant, in Jerusalem, establishing a world government. Those who do not submit to the Mahdi will be slain, and then peace, justice, and tranquility will reign.

Islam holds that the Mahdi is the rider on the white horse, the first of the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse."

Sound like a counterfeit to the rapture, the Tribulation, and the 2nd Coming?

I didn't hold my breath last August, and I won't be holding it on March 21.

What's your take on the Iranian jerk and the Islamic Mahdi?

:1_grouphug: <--------- talking it over.........

#1 DQuixote, Mar 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2007
  2. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

He reminds me of the people who keep predicting exactly when Jesus is coming back, except he's nuttier.

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I think it's fascinating that he's talking about exactly the same things which the bible mentions. Why exactly 7 years of peace? Does the quran also contain this?

Anyway, this guy is loosing his credibility among the extremists, but maybe they also don't really care if he's making false prophecies.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Many false Christs will come

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, at least I know which day the rapture will NOT happen on ;)