1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iraq: At Least 23 Killed

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by KenH, Jun 11, 2006.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least 23 killed in Iraq
    Sat Jun 10, 12:49 PM ET ​

At least 23 people were killed in separate attacks across Iraq, including nine in a car bomb attack in Baghdad near a Shiite mosque, security officials said.

A car bomb targeting a passing police patrol exploded in the middle class Baghdad neighborhood of Karrada, killing the nine civilians and wounding 23 others.

The bomb went off close to a Shiite mosque in the area, an interior ministry official said.

In the northern city of Mosul, gunmen shot five butchers sitting in a shop in the Nabi Yunis area, killing all of them, police said.

In another major attack, four Sunni Arabs were killed when their minibus was raked with gunfire near Baghdad.

The bus was traveling from Abu Ghraib, a predominantly Sunni area west of Baghdad, when gunmen opened fire on the bus, killing the four and wounding seven.

Three people were killed and 28 wounded when a bomb exploded in the Al-Emir restaurant in central Baghdad, an interior ministry official said.

- http://tinyurl.com/nfraj

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Different Muslim sects seem to have this abiding need to kill each other.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reminds me of the Thirty Years' War between Protestants and Catholics.

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Terrorist

It takes a leader for such actions to occur. Hopefully with the killing of a major player this week, we will start to see a slow down in the number of attacks aimed at preventing a free society from occuring in Iraq.

Please notice that most of the new attacks are against Iraqi citizens and not so much the coalition forces. If you are a policeman in the new government your life is at risk. We must be proud of those Iraqis who will take on such a risk to keep their countries free. It reminds us a lot of people in the past in historical United States when we had people on the line to keep our freedom.

I always wondered how I would feel working with weapon technology, but for the first time I am proud that the bombs used to kill this week's terrorist were built within two miles of my office.

It is sad to see anybody have to die, but this is one that just had to go if Iraq's freedom is to continue.

(By the way----this is not a violation of OPSEC, it has been in all of the newspapers.)

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

72,000 Virgins

It was in the local newspaper that we built 10,000 + 500 pound bombs during the particular contract that was used to provide the bombs this week.

An interesting thought is that you could probably estimate 1 death per bomb. This means there must be 72,000 virgins waiting on the recepients?:saint:

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Not a very good dollar to death ratio. 1 bomb, 1 person. Back to the ole drawing board I guess. Picture this...we got the number two "Al Qeada" man's location. He's holed up and not going anywhere so we naturally drop a couple 500 lb bombs on his head instead of trying to capture him. Hmmm. Just like Saddam's sons.

How big of a blast do these bombs cause Phillip? And what's the probablity of being able to find enough body parts to identify a person that has had a couple dropped on his head?

#6 poncho, Jun 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2006
  7. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

The Solution

[​IMG]