1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Irrevocable:

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Frank Leyland, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Frank Leyland

Frank Leyland New Member
    Site Supporter

REPLY from FL (UK):

And THAT is my point. As I said, you WERE wrong on that issue, contradicting yourself. Part of Israel was and is Elect, as I, a Christian Gentile, am also part of The Elect. No-one said: "Israel is The Elect" - at least, I didn't. And remember, if YOU are a Gentile Christian, then Paul is YOUR Apostle, chosen by Jesus for the task. In 42 years as a Christian, I've never heard ANYONE say that before, eg Pastors. Evangelists, Teachers et al. And yet it is THERE in The Scriptures. Is everybody blind?!

2. Frank Leyland

Frank Leyland New Member
    Site Supporter

REPLY from FL (UK):

And THAT is my point. As I said, you WERE wrong on that issue, contradicting yourself. Part of Israel was and is Elect, as I, a Christian Gentile, am also part of The Elect. No-one said: "Israel is The Elect" - at least, I didn't. And remember, if YOU are a Gentile Christian, then Paul is YOUR Apostle, chosen by Jesus for the task. In 42 years as a Christian, I've never heard ANYONE say that before, eg Pastors. Evangelists, Teachers et al. And yet it is THERE in The Scriptures. Is everybody blind?!

3. Frank Leyland

Frank Leyland New Member
    Site Supporter

Reply to (Ulyan}? Thread's gone missing for now.

It is not for YOU to judge who is Christian or not - that responsibility is reserved for Y'shua alone. And it is not "true nor untrue Christian". You are either a Christian or you are not.

4. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Face Value. Amen to Paul. He means what he says.

Symth, you would NEVER SOUND anything like Paul. You wouldn't even "hyperbole" this.

No way cause he is one of us.

Selfish people out for their own salvation don't understand sacrifice.

Selfish people would damn their own mother if it got them "salvation"

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The essence of the gospel is justification by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone without works and that has been the gospel preached since Genesis 3:15 both then and now (heb. 4:2). It is characterized in Abraham as demonstrated by Paul in Romans 4. The "old" covenatn was never designed to justify anyone by works or to give eternal life but to reveal the nature of sin and lead away from the law to faith in Christ (Gal. 3:19-23). The same gospel preached by all the prophets as stated clearly by Peter in Acts 10:43 is the same gospel we preach now, they simply looked forward by faith and we look back to the cross by faith.

6. utilyan

Site Supporter

You are mistaken Frank, You might have read something to convict you, But I didn't accuse.
    I think everyone of you is my brother and sister. Even the worst of you.

John 13

34“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35“By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Who is a true Christian or not is not a mystery. Even a atheist can pick him out.

When your selfish looking out for yourself, I know your not Christian.

God gives you a command and you stop to wonder if this will give you salvation? will this get you a new car? will this give you 5$?

God gives a Christian a command and he is going to do it FOR FREE. His mind isn't on salvation.

1 john 3

10By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

Children of God are OBVIOUS.

Who is a Christian is not a SECRET.

I love hearing how all these "elect" folks don't know who is "elect".

I know who the children of God are. It is not a mystery to me. I can smell evil from about 10ft away.

All those salvation first.......muttering about.."well if we do this will God give salvation" "if we faith alone will it salvation us"? is this gonna gimme heaven?

Hell no we are the Church Militant. We don't stop to ask if God's command is worth it.

We will do what God says for FREE, we will even go to hell to do it. We cannot be bought.

God comes first. You have a fear, you tell it hold on God comes first.

A fearless Christian ain't got time for games.

I am a son of God just keep telling me doing what he says is worth nothing, The devil always prays that I go to heaven because, I will monkey stomp the devil if God sends me his way. :D

Jesus said the Gates of hell will not prevail. That doesn't mean demons are scratching on my front door.
    Matthew 16
    18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

They are hiding from me. We are gonna break those gates.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lord has had with national isreal a faithful remnant chosen and called out by Him to have faith in Jesus as their Messiah, so he has indeed been true to his promices concerning spiritual Isreal!

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I still just do not see how you are a Roman Catholic!!!

9. utilyan

Site Supporter

I think any faith works Gerhard, If you sincerely follow what is taught.

All of stuff said about Catholics is just misrepresentation.

What everyone says we teach is one thing, what we teach is something else.

If my favorite color is Blue and someone who doesn't like me swears its Red..... How do you argue against that?

Everyone seems to have rights to dictate what the catholic belief is other then a catholic.

Last I checked, we don't worship Jesus we worship mary, the devil is our boss, I was molested, all the priest are gay, we believe works alone saves us, we worship statues.....we have statues that worship other statues, we are secretly trained by new world order secret masonic, Templar, Illuminati ninjas.:Rolleyes

Apparently I am the most dangerous person on the face of the earth.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The day will come you will be disillusioned, IF GOD WILL.

I am of the opinion one of the first things you will be disillusioned about—if the not the very first thing—is going to be about ~faith~. You ~think (any) faith works~. Well, it OUGHT to ~work~ because the Law of God says it should work. But the fact is faith—not yours or anyone’s, works. Everybody’s faith leaves him / her in the lurch, and ought to leave them in the lurch because that too, is what the Law of God says.

Thus, Adam and Eve, Thou shalt not eat. No sooner Adam and Eve ate because they thought their faith should work for them.

Man, there’s only one thing wrong with the Roman Catholic Church. It believes in ‘human rights’. They enthrone man in God’s place, King of Kings.

Depending on God’s Election of every saved damned sinner, maybe one day you will come to realise this futility is the rule of life of your lily white perfect Church. May God have mercy for you, if you are one of his, you will get unbearably uncomfortable in the cozy embrace of your organization—the day it will start tighten its squeeze until you cannot draw another breath. The Roman catholic Church is a PYTHON, it eats up crocodiles and other pythons ONLY ALLOW IT THE OPPORTUNITY—it’s got the power already. You’re not the most dangerous person on the earth, you’re the most in danger person who has been drawn into the snaky swamp already. As long as the snake has won your heart his belly can be filled!

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ...except mother harlot, hey.

12. utilyan

Site Supporter

"Man, there’s only one thing wrong with the Roman Catholic Church. It believes in ‘human rights’. They enthrone man in God’s place, King of Kings."

Gerhard I heard you like to lick turtles, how do you defend against that?
    I heard its some Johannesburg south African pagan god practice of worship done by the south African "bible students".
    If you deny it then your definitely a turtle licker. And if you don't....well see told you so.:Biggrin

Well you say we enthrone a man, one day I hear its a WOMAN in God's place, another its a pagan, then next week its the devil too.

As I stated before, people can only make up what we believe to find wrong with it, rather then challenge us on what we actually believe.

When I present what you believe I'll even agree that I am misrepresenting until you give the clear and go ahead.

But when you present what I believe......its not at all what I believe.

In short what you believe I can learn and repeat and I will have you sign off on it, I don't have to dress it up to vilify it. I only need to follow its rules consistently to make my points against it.

But you couldn't do that with me. So I feel quite honored when folks have to make up the bad stuff.

PS. I still don't agree with your turtle worship practices.:Biggrin

[​IMG]