1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is ‘bashing’ sub-Christian?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Dec 27, 2006.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

http://www.bpnews.net:80/bpcolumn.asp?ID=2495

Is the word "bashing" a tool used to stifle opposing views? I certainly see this word used quite a bit on discussion forums. Especially when it comes to conservative vs. Liberal debates.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the article is right on, and I see that ploy used alot here by novices and the pro-"new worship" crowd. They will mercilessly "bash" their opponents until someone well informed gets involved. Then they bail pretending to take the "high road." They say something like, "You're causing me to behave unchristian-like, so I just choose to remove myself from the conversation."

I call it the Georgie Jack Horner Syndrome.

Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie
    Kissed the girls and made them cry.
    But when the boys came out to play
    Georgie Porgie ran away—and said what good boy am I! :tongue3:

I will say that one guy on this board who really sticks to his guns, and engages the debate with research and reasoning (though I disagree with his conclusions) is Eric B. He has earned my respect. :thumbs:

Another one is Travelsong, but he has disavowed Christianity and can no longer post on this board.