1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Donald Trump hiding in the basement?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by canadyjd, Aug 8, 2023.

?
  1. No, it has nothing to do with hiding, he’s so far ahead he gains nothing by debating.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Yes, he’s hiding. He thinks he’s owed the nomination, just like Hilary in 2016.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes he’s hiding and it’s a mistake to allow the other candidates to make their case without being th

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. This poll is proof of anti-Trumpers have infiltrated the BB

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    With the repeated claims Joe Biden “hid in the basement” during the 2020 election, it’s interesting that DT will not agree to the upcoming debate on Fox.

So the question… given his commanding lead in the polls, will DT “hide in the basement” during the primaries… only seek the most favorable venues for speeches, instead of actively earning the votes of repubs.

Remember, even though his poll numbers are in the 50% range, more than 1/2 of his supporters say they could vote for someone else.

peace to you

2. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do believe DT is making the same mistake Hilary did in 2016. He thinks he is owed the nomination. He has a habit of attacking people, instinctively, if things don’t go his way.

If one of these candidates wins early (Iowa, New Hampshire) I wouldn’t be surprised if he attacks the voters and the repub parties in those states as being disloyal to him.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Vivek Ramaswamy wins Iowa, it could possibly shake up the GOP race. I wonder if he has a rather low ceiling, though, in the GOP, as a Hindu. At least he is a fresh face in the GOP presidential race. Someone at lunch this past Sunday mentioned him to me.

4. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately, Vivek has said some things recently that have hurt him. I didn’t think he had much of a chance before, nor I think he’s pretty much done.

peace to you

5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like DT did a fly over event in Iowa. Came in, did a quick stop and left.

He probably realizes he won’t win Iowa caucuses.

Pence is doing great! Looks like his polls have moved up about 1 point since his more aggressive stance on DT.

ok, ok, wishful thinking… sigh…. :)

peace to you

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw a poll a week or so ago that revealed about 1/2 of DT supporters say they could be persuaded to vote for someone else.

So, Iowa is a solid 22% for DT and 22% persuadable.

That should give some of the candidates encouragement to work hard for the votes.

We will soon see….

peace to you

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right, not much time left to jump in. I am amazed at how little effort POTUS is putting into this election He seems to spend every weekend in Delaware. Very little staff. Almost no one in the early states. Very few campaign stops. Does he really think it will just be handed to him? What’s his play?

peace to you

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think "The Tortoise and the Hare"

11. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Link? There is a huge difference between willing to vote for another candidate who wins the nomination and willing to vote for another candidate to win the nomination.

If the Reps run someone whom half the DT voters wouldn't bother to get out and vote for, then the Reps have zero chance of retaking the presidency. DT was a game changer for the Reps. Without him, they are likely to do rather poorly.

The exception would be if someone as charismatic and appealing to conservative voters were to run. No such candidate on the horizon yet. But even if there were, DT would still likely need to endorse him.

12. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Incumbency of course. It's his to lose.