1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Door-to-Door Evangelism Soliciting?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ktn4eg, Dec 4, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dislike this form of evangelism, and would only endorse it for those that live in areas away from streets and cities. If one lives in Vermont or some other rural area then by all means go at it. But most of the time people find it rude for you to knock on their door and most often think you to be a JW.

2. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Legally door to door is not soliciting because you are not selling anything.

But usually a lot of times I won't knock because I don't want to make people mad, I typically only do it when I feel lead of the Lord to.

Even if it was illegal... If the Holy Spirit is telling you to do it, you do it regardless.

We ought to obey God rather than men is what the apostles said.

3. Gib

Gib Active Member

Maybe. We don't like cold knockers around here.

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Would just leaving a gospel tract w/ the church's info on it (address/phone no./e-mail address, etc.) without actually knocking on the door be "illegal soliciting"?

Many times I'll find ads for different places of business (usually pizza places) stuck in my door even though my condo development has clearly stated NO SOLICITING signs at all its entrance gates. (To my knowledge, not a single business establishment that does this has been cited and/or fined.)

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just be sure NOT to leave tracts ect in the mailbox - as that is illegal (unless you mail them -with postage)

6. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

The condo complex where I live (as well as most apt complexes these days) have no individual mail boxes as such. All mail is delivered to the residents via "mail centers" scattered throughout the complexes.

However, you are correct in stating that it is a Federal offense to place any thing in an individual's mail box that does not contain the correct postage. That's why even newspapers have to be placed in a separate receptacle and NOT in one's own mail box.