1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

is every sin really under the blood?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by deacon jd, Sep 15, 2006.

1. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

I wanted to start this thread to generate some discussion on the topic of sin in the life of a believer. There appears to be different views on just exactly what sins are covered under the blood of our Lord and which are not. Some say that all sin is covered while others say that only the sins from the point of conversion and backward are covered. I have always held the view that a believer will pay for the sins that he commits after conversion himself, and that death is the final payment for sin. I would really like to hear some discussion on this topic.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Physical death comes to everyone. Spiritual death is to the unbelievers.
    Jesus blood is strong enough to cover all sin, and He has promised to forgive our sins.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Unrepentant sin has not been considered to be under the 'Blood'.

Non-believing sinners go to damnation.

Some believers will have unrepentant sin. The Bible is not 'clear' on what will happen to them. Therefore, some say they will morn, weep, cry, some even say that they will burn a little . . .

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

And as I read other Scriptures, I believe there is no other sacrifice for sins. And that all "sin" and "sins" are now both "done away".
    Therefore the "problem" or "stumbling block" is now not "the sin", but "The SON".

The once for all time sacrifice of the Son? Sufficient for all! :thumbsup:

The once for all time sacrifice of the Son? Efficient for all who believe! :saint: :thumbsup:

Ed

* All emphases are mine. - Ed

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Amen Ed. Our righteousness is not becasue of anything we do, but becasue of the blood of Christ, on our own we have no righteousness, nor can we achieve it through our own actions, but in scripture we are called righteous.
    A single sacrifice(His not mine), for all time(before and after salvation). yep, His blood covers all my sin.

6. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

Consider the folling passage (Heb. 10:26)For if we sin wilfully after that we have recieved the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,(v27)but a certain fearful looking for of judgement and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries

According to the word of God if you sin after you have recieved Christ there is no more sacrifice for that sin, but that the believer will come under the judgement and indignation of God.

7. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Good question.
    My question to you who proclaim ALL sin is under the blood;

Explain this;
    1Co 3:16
    ¶ Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
    1Co 3:17
    If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Is defiling the temple of God a sin?
    What does it mean to be destroyed?
    If ALL sin is under the blood and paid for by Christ then what is this verse about?

I have MANY MANY more but the above passage will suffice to prove my point which is this;
    2Co 5:10
    For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
    2Co 5:11
    Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

This passage makes no sense if "all is forgiven" at the moment of conversion.

8. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Either we're saved by grace or we're not. Let us make up our minds. Christ's propitiation was the satisfaction (appeasment) of God's wrath in finality. If we say that the atonement does not cover all sin, aren't we "limiting" the atonement in some way?

9. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Please explain the dozens, even hundreds, of warnings to believers then. Why warn Christians to live holy if in the end all is forgiven? Makes no sense.
    No we are not limiting the atonement, but we aren't trivializing the COMMAND to live holy either. Is disobedience the same as sin? If not, then why bother with the judgment seat of Christ at all? We are all forgiven after all, why bother to "give account unto God"? Rom 14:12

10. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

J.D. We are not limiting atonement in any way. When you say that the sins of the believer are all payed for by the sacrifice you are giving a liscense to sin. Atonement is what cleansess us from unrighteousness and puts us on the road to heaven,but we must live holy lives thereafter, and when willfully sin as born again believers that sin must be dealt with. If this was not true there would be no chastisement from our loving heavenly Father.

11. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

The purpose of chastisement is to bring about the peacable fruit of righteoussness in this life. Eternal salvation is based on the merits of Christ. His righteoussness is imputed unto us.

Sure, we must all give an account at the Judgement Seat of Christ, but our eternal state will be determined by the works of Christ, not ours.

The OP was "is every sin under the blood", and I think (1) if they are, then they are atoned for and need not to be atoned for again, and (2) if they are not, then the atonement was not an atonement in final but a partial payment, an "earnest", or a temporary appeasment, which makes it no different from the O.T. day of atonment, blood of bulls etc.

12. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

The wages of sin is death(physically and spiritually). If all of your sins are payed for then you would never die.

13. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Hebrews 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

14. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

Every sin under the blood

All I can tell you is that I am SAVRD and when I die I am going to HEAVEN. As far as unrepented sins, if ya do as good ol' Mom told ya as a child and say your prayers at bedtime ask God for forgiveness for all that you have done and for anything you can't remember I think the bases are covered. Nobody is perfect! God does not expect us to be sinless, it's not in our nature. Just repent! Ask forgiveness is all he asks. This is just my opinion. This and $1.00 will get ya a cup of coffee :)

15. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

We are born dead, both body and spirit. We have a body, but it's a dead body. We have a spirit, but it's a dead spirit. When we are born again, our spirits are resurrected to life. When the end comes, our bodies are resurrected to life also.

Our current body is the body of the "old man", and will cease to function. The blessing of the atonement is not an eternal continuation of the old man, but the creation of an eternal new man in Christ.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

I guess that means you don't believe in repentance and asking for forgiveness.
    1Jn 1:9

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

Some act as if they do not sin, which is not biblical.
    1 Jn 2:1 says " and if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father"
    1 Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
    1 Jn 1:9-10 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness, if we say we have not sinned we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Is 1 Jn written to believers or unbelievers?
    Believers.
    He is telling us that as christians we do sin, we are not sin free, but if we confess, repent, He will forgive us.
    Notice He is the one who cleans us from all unrighteousness, we do not clean ourselves of unrighteousness, nor do we achieve our own righteousness by not sinning.

18. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

To remain sinless, even after salvation, is no more possible than keeping the Torah 100%. If Jesus' death paid only for sins before conversion then why did He need to die at all - the law would have been just as efficacious.

19. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Then logic follows that a sinless person would never die physically. But we know that is not true, because the one person who lived a sinless life died physically.

20. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

What happens if I fall asleep before I ask for forgiveness and I die in my sleep.

Are we saved by our own work of asking for forgiveness. Or are we saved by Jesus' work on the cross?