1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

is every sin really under the blood?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by deacon jd, Sep 15, 2006.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

I think some are confusing paying for sins with living with the consequences of sin.
    Being chatized is not "paying dearly" for sin, two completely different things.
    I am so glad I know I am secure in Jesus, He died for my sins, all of them, He paid the only acceptable price for them.

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

See you up there someday donnA. Our God is all-powerful, all grace, and all forgiving.

Is His Power limited? Is His Grace limited? Is His Forgiving limited? Many believe so.

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I repeat: "The blood covers ALL sins or NO sins."

Love grew where the blood fell...

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

So right, sister!

Ed

5. ituttut

ituttut New Member

ditto yours

6. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we that are dead to sin continue any longer therein? If ya'll enjoy sinning just because you believe that the blood will keep on covering your sins and Gods grace is abundant(and it is) I wouldn't want to see what will take place to all of your works and rewards at the judgement seat of Christ.

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Uh- which one of "us'all" supposedly said, since I obviously missed it in reading the thread, we 'enjoyed sinning', there deac? If'n I recalls right, you are the only one to even mention any one who might 'enjoy sinning'. Care to enlighten us about that?? :confused: NO?? Somehow, I didn't think so!!

Nobody on this thread, as far as I can tell, seems to be singing, "I once was lost in sin, but now I know my way around..." or anything along those lines.

Although I admit, I do seem to be able to come up with at least a vague idea of one or two who may seem to 'enjoy judging'. :rolleyes:

Ed

#67 EdSutton, Oct 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2006
  8. I Am Blessed 24

I have NEVER said that we have a license to sin! I DO know that, like it or not, we sin every day - whether by commission or omission.

God in His infinite wisdom, gave us 1John 1:9, If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness..

Be careful when you judge others of sinning. Anyone who believes they never sin after getting saved is sadly mistaken.

1John1:10, If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

And as far as our works and our 'righteousness', they will all be judged as filthy rags - whether we sin or not...

Isa 64:6, But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

9. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

And as far as our works and our 'righteousness', they will all be judged as filthy rags - whether we sin or not...

Isa 64:6, But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.[/QUOTE]

This is a prime example of misapplication of scripture. Nowhere in this verse is there any mention of the judgement seat of Christ or the trying of our works by fire. Nice try, but no cigar. Our righteousness is simple it is Christ and him alone. Don't fool yourself those who live in sin will not see the kingdom of God. We commit sin as believers, but there is a certain fearful looking for of judgement and fiery indignation that comes with being one of Gods children when we disobey our heavenly Father. There is no excuse for the sin in your life, and it will not be overlooked by a Holy God. Jesus did not die on the cross so that you can live a life of sin. Jesus died on the cross so that we can be saved from sin. We must crucify the flesh. If you can do what ever you want, and never be convicted of your sins, and just say Oh Well I guess that one is under the blood too then you probably do not have what you think you have.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Jesus died on that cross to pay for that sin.

11. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

What do you mean by "that sin"? How shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Please answer the question that Paul asked.

12. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Perhaps I misunderstand your statement "blood will keep on covering your sins". It seems you believe we of OSAS think His blood has to keep scrubbing us clean every day, which would mean we would have to ask Him all the time to please forgive us of our sins. I believe this may be a question He will ask at our rewards ceremony, e.g., "Ye of little faith, didn't you believe me when I told you I forgave you?"

That one "spiritual baptism" washed us clean. If we think His blood must be continually applied then there was no reason for our God to spill His own Holy Everlasting Living Blood. We today (this dispensation) are the only one's from the beginning that was not asked to make "blood sacrifices" of animals to cover until time He "shed His own blood". That is Old, and every thing is now New as that Old cloth is tattered and torn, and cannot hold to this New cloth we are clothed in. We are in Him, and His "garments have been washed in wine (His blood Genesis 49:11), meaning we are already placed in heaven for that is where He is, and we in the Body Church are spiritually living there. Can we sin while in Him in heaven?

Am I saying we are without sin? No way for we believe Christ from heaven as He revealed to Paul we are blessed for our iniquities have been forgiven, our sins permanently covered, as sin is not imputed to us - Romans 3:30-31.

We are sealed in and nothing can break that seal, and He is not about to let us go. The Bridegroom has chosen those that are brought into His "Body Church". When it is full we will be caught up with those other in His Body Church, and this will then allow prophecy to continue to the Tribulation period, and then into the "Kingdom Church".

13. I Am Blessed 24

Are you saying that you do not sin? If so, according to MY Bible, you are calling God a liar...

14. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

I believe OSAS no man can pluck us out of the Fathers hand. I believe that the sins committed after we are saved will be judged by God and we will be punished for them in this life. I do not believe that we have the right to keep on sinning just because we want to and because Oh Well its under the blood anyway. Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid. Its time that we start trying to live holy and perfect lives rather than excusing away our sins.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That sin = all sin. What is your definition of "dead to sin"?

16. I Am Blessed 24

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. How can God punish us now for our sins? God cannot even LOOK on sin. To me, it seems you are saying that Jesus died on the cross in vain because His blood was good enough to save us, but not good enough to wash away our sins.

I don't believe anyone here is advocating this.

I agree with you on this one. Perfection is the goal we should strive for, but there is only One who is perfect and the state of perfection will not be reached for us until we are in Heaven.

I don't believe you answered my question. Are you saying that you do not sin?

17. ituttut

ituttut New Member

You evidently failed to read all of my post. "Am I saying we are without sin? No way for we believe Christ from heaven as He revealed to Paul we are blessed for our iniquities have been forgiven, our sins permanently covered, as sin is not imputed to us - Romans 3:30-31."

The understanding is we are sinners (must have sins) but our sins are not imputed to us. Hope this understanding will be of help.

Wife says gotta' go with her now to buy some kin folks wedding presents. May get back to this this evening.

#77 ituttut, Oct 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2006
  18. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

I agree to disagree. Why would Jesus tell those whom he saved and healed to "go their way and sin no more" if it was impossible for them to. He wouldn't, his command would have been impossible to keep. Jesus would never tell us to do something that he knows that we could not do, he loves us to much to do that, remember God is not the author of confusion. No one is perfect in that we are all sinners, but I will have you to know that once we have been saved from our sins we can be perfect. Remember there is no excuse for your sins now that you have been saved. God loves you and expects something more of you than what he sees in the sinner, and I do thank God that we have an advocate with the Father when we do come short, but that still doesn't excuse our sin. No friends you will be judged for them. Remember we are accountable for how we live in front of a lost and dying world.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't think anyone has said they enjoy singing, or that it is ok to go around sinning because of God's grace.
    John wrote to us telling us what to do when we sin, confess, he also told us we will sin, and if we say we don't sin we are liars and the truth is not in us.
    It is our goal to become more like Jesus, through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. This in no way means we will never sin, and it is never alright to sin. But we will not reach perfection till we are done in this life of flesh.
    Jesus died to buy us back from sin, He paid the price God demanded for sin, the bible says you are not your own, you were bought with a price. You belong to Him, we are to live as if we belong to Him, still does not mean we will never sin, but as scripture says He is faithful to forgive us.
    Is God happy when we sin, no and neither should we be, but we will not reach sinlessness until we are dead and in heaven.
    Jesus paid for our sin, we do not, nothing we can ever do in this life or the next can ever pay for one single sin. We suffer consequences of sin in this life(which is not paying for sin, it is sufferng what we casued), but we will never be rejected because of sin once we have been saved, Jesus said He would not loose a single one the Father had given Him. That is security.
    Our righteousness comes from Jesus, not us and our list of dos and dont's, we did not earn it, we did not come by it on our own, we do not keep or maintain it, it is Jesus'.
    Unless you think Jesus can not keep what the Father has given Him, that His righteousness is not enough.
    Those who think we are not going to sin after salvation, does that mean you think you don't sin? Do you think you are responsible for your continued salvation?

20. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

You are repeating exactly what that I said earlier. Yes I have sinned since I have been saved as a matter of fact I lived in a backslidden condition for some time. Did I lose my salvation? No. If I had died would I have went to heaven? Absolutely. I am as sure of my salvation as anyone can be because Salvation is of the Lord not of me. What I am saying is everyone has sin in their life, and they must be saved from that sin by the Lord Jesus. After we have been saved their is no longer any excuse or sacrifice for those sins and we will be punished for each one of them. You did not deal with the question that I posted if we couldn't be sinless after salvation why would Jesus have commanded those whom he saved and healed to sin no more? John tells us in (1Jn 2:1) My little children these things write I unto you that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. John did not say you are going to sin, or when you sin, he said[if] you sin. The sin that is atoned for by the blood of Jesus which is the sin in our life prior to salvation is not even remembered or looked upon by God. The sin in our life as believers must be dealt with, and since he deals with it we know he sees it and remembers it. Thank God for chastisement it is how I know that I am a son of God.